PDA

View Full Version : Teeth Cleaning-Best Method ?

Brian M
12th September 2008, 09:35 PM
Hi

Are there any secret methods on cleaning their teeth ?.My three all have their own toothbrush and i use a poultry or minty beef flavoured dog toothpaste but all three of them as a group rush me then try and lick the paste off before i get it any where near their mouth so its all often very confusing ,chaotic and a bit mad and funny .After my attempt at teeth cleaning i try and squirt some logic gel over their teeth then finish off by giving them half a small logic orozyme dog chew ,i haven't read any comments about logic gel so forums comments on if its helpful would be most wellcome pls .

LucyDog
12th September 2008, 10:11 PM
I had the same problem w/ Lucy. I solved it by putting a good sized dollop of the toothpaste on her nose, then while she licks that off I quickly brush her teeth. It's a little messy but it gets the job done.

Aimee

Jan Bell
13th September 2008, 10:13 AM
I am not sure of a better way of doing it (will try the dollop of paste on the nose though!). I only have two, but I have to get my husband to hold one while I do the other, as they try to lick it from eachother's mouths!

I have found that a little oral B interdental brush works best with mine - it's about 1cm long. They both hated the finger bobs, and the bigger the toothbrush the more they struggled against it. I'm still not sure if I am doing it well enough, but I count it as a success if I can do half the teeth at a time.

inca
13th September 2008, 11:25 AM
I use plaque off and have had good results from it :)

Jan Bell
13th September 2008, 11:42 AM
What's plaque off?

Claire L
13th September 2008, 12:30 PM
I use plaque off and have had good results from it :)

Is this (http://www.molarltd.co.uk/plaqueoff/proden_plaqueoff.htm) what you're talking about? It will be available to buy at the Petexpo next month and I was going to give it a try. Anyone else use it?

merlinsmum
14th September 2008, 12:07 PM
Yes I use it! - I have done since they got their adult teeth. It helps stop plaque forming and helps break down already formed plaque to make it easier to brush away. I have two sets of sparkly peggies!:)

Jan Bell
14th September 2008, 12:58 PM
Wow - I am buying some immediately! Do you use it as well as brushing the teeth?

Update - sorry, I've just re-read your post and you do say that you brush the plaque away as well. Too hasty with my reply!

merlinsmum
14th September 2008, 01:08 PM
Jan - order it online at http://www.vet-medic.com/pd_PLAQ1.htm

Pets at Home sell it too but its £10.00 for the small pot.

Jan Bell
14th September 2008, 01:10 PM
Thanks Kirsty - I will get my order in today.

Best wishes,

Claire L
14th September 2008, 05:39 PM
Yes I use it! - I have done since they got their adult teeth. It helps stop plaque forming and helps break down already formed plaque to make it easier to brush away. I have two sets of sparkly peggies!:)

Thanks Kirsty :flwr: I'll put it on my list for the petexpo :rah:

Brian M
14th September 2008, 09:58 PM
Hi

Does plaque off do a similar job as Logic Gel (Vetuk) which is what i use .