• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Teeth Cleaning-Best Method ?

Brian M

Hi

Are there any secret methods on cleaning their teeth ?.My three all have their own toothbrush and i use a poultry or minty beef flavoured dog toothpaste but all three of them as a group rush me then try and lick the paste off before i get it any where near their mouth so its all often very confusing ,chaotic and a bit mad and funny .After my attempt at teeth cleaning i try and squirt some logic gel over their teeth then finish off by giving them half a small logic orozyme dog chew ,i haven't read any comments about logic gel so forums comments on if its helpful would be most wellcome pls .

I had the same problem w/ Lucy. I solved it by putting a good sized dollop of the toothpaste on her nose, then while she licks that off I quickly brush her teeth. It's a little messy but it gets the job done.

Aimee

I am not sure of a better way of doing it (will try the dollop of paste on the nose though!). I only have two, but I have to get my husband to hold one while I do the other, as they try to lick it from eachother's mouths!

I have found that a little oral B interdental brush works best with mine - it's about 1cm long. They both hated the finger bobs, and the bigger the toothbrush the more they struggled against it. I'm still not sure if I am doing it well enough, but I count it as a success if I can do half the teeth at a time.

Yes I use it! - I have done since they got their adult teeth. It helps stop plaque forming and helps break down already formed plaque to make it easier to brush away. I have two sets of sparkly peggies!:)

Wow - I am buying some immediately! Do you use it as well as brushing the teeth?

Update - sorry, I've just re-read your post and you do say that you brush the plaque away as well. Too hasty with my reply!

Last edited:
Yes I use it! - I have done since they got their adult teeth. It helps stop plaque forming and helps break down already formed plaque to make it easier to brush away. I have two sets of sparkly peggies!:)

Thanks Kirsty :flwr: I'll put it on my list for the petexpo :rah:

Back