• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Nightly Bedtime Routines

Brian M

Hi Again

Just as i was posting the new thread about teeth cleaning i wondered what other nightly routine members go through before they tuck their boys and girls up for the night ,i would think that it must be awfully funny and long for multi cav households ,last night for me i think it was at least 45 minutes before i finally finished but its totally captivating mainly hilarious and definitely relaxing at the end .So i thought it would be nice to read what sometimes can be a totally daft routine that we have all developed that bring the day to a close. :)(y)

Ok,well normally i am in bed.Hubbs does the nite thing.They go out for wees and poos,hubby plays backgammon on the phone and waits.Then smally sits on his bed and biggie goes to his bed,they both get a bisciut and then lights off.Thats it,nothing to exciting,we try to keep in calm,as they go to bed to wound up,then problems starts.

Meenah usually falls asleep on the sofa around 8:30 or 9pm, whenever we've gotten the kids off to bed and settled down to watch a little tv. She gets herself up around 9:30 or 10pm and goes to the door to be let out. She does her business, comes in, gets her paws and bottom wiped, and goes to her crate on her own. She gets a cookie in there and settles down like a good little girl.

mine all seem to go off one by one to bed they all in their bed by 10.30 i turf them out for a last min wee than its down for the night .. we have an easy routine it just kinda winds down on its own x

Dylan starts winding down from 9pm. He naps but likes to move around. He usually ends up under my desk as I end the day here. When I push the keyboard away, he knows I'm done and it's bed time. He makes for the back door and it's "toilet, teeth and bed" as I used to say to my kids. Sometimes he goes into his crate if he's really tired and we are still up, I think he's trying to tell me something when he does this. He doesn't sleep in his crate any more though.

As soon as I turn off the tv in the lounge Minnie hops off the sofa and has a loooong stretch. After I turn off all the lights and head out to the kitchen Minnie goes out to do her pee. I then have to call Cara several times before she comes out :rolleyes:
I head up to bed and after a few minutes, hubby lets the girls in and I wait..... Cara is always first up and she goes into her crate. The Minnie meister takes a little longer. Evenyually, she arrives and goes into her crate. I always end the day by telling them how good they are and how I will never ever let anything happen to them and I usually sing to them icon_blshing

I love my girlies :lotsaluv::lotsaluv:

As often as not, at least some of the dogs are already in the bed waiting on us people. Otherwise, no routine... people call 'bedtime', dogs hop up and take their places. (y)

Mika usually winds down about 10:00 pm, snuggled up with her head resting on my legs while I watch TV on the couch. I take her out for her last walk and we head to bed. She is up on the bed with me while I read. Right before lights out, I get up to get her a biscuit. She immediately heads to her crate. She hasn't slept in her crate for months, but it is such a habit for her. It makes me laugh. She eats her biscuit in her crate and then rejoins me on the bed. It's nice of her not to get crumbs in my bed!

Oakley takes himself up to bed about 9 pm, he miight come down if he needs a wee and then off to bed again. Merlin will stay with you until bedtime and then he looks at you to say "I'm sooo tired I can't walk up the stairs please carry me" so he gets carried up to bed and plopped down next to an upside down snooze pot!

Toby and Rufus sleep in the kitchen in baskets. About 9.30pm every evening Toby starts to move about - if we aren't moving after a while (we are early nighters!) he climbs all over my husband Graham until we take them in the garden and settle them down in the kitchen.

I have no idea how Toby know it is "time", but he is very consistent! They do get a dog biscuit each at night before we leave them, so perhaps his tummy is telling him.

Back