PDA

View Full Version : Bella Re-Available

Moviedust
16th September 2008, 11:10 PM
As some of you may remember, I'm fostering a 1.5 year old Blenheim female named Bella for Lucky Star. She had a new home lined up, but it fell through due to a lack of transport. So Bella is still looking for a forever home.

I've had her since June, and she is really turning into a GORGEOUS girl. She's gained weight and muscle tone, so she's about 15 pounds now. She has now mastered the stairs and she can jump up on the couch all by herself. She likes to run and play in the yard, and she gets along really well with my girls. Holly sometimes gets snippy with her (because Holly is naughty!), but Bella handles it very well. She never gets snippy back, but she's also not scared or shy. She just looks at Holly like she's nuts!

Bella has learned to sit politely for a treat, but I have not done much formal obedience work with her. She is good on the leash, though she can still get overwhelmed by new experiences. Sometimes she just stops and copes; with a bit of encouragement she is willing to keep going.

Bella is a lover, and she really needs a lot of affection (which is why Holly is often jealous--she wants the attention, too). Bella wants to be close to people at all times. If she's left too long in a kennel or xpen, even with other dogs, she begins to bite/chew her back hip areas, which can result in hair loss and scabs. She does okay when only left alone on a limited basis. For example, I teach on MWF, and she does okay for 3 or 4 hours, having about an hour over lunch for play and outings (and love) and then another 3 or 4 hour stint. Then on Tuesdays and Thursdays I try to be home most of the day (as well as the weekends). So really, she'd probably do best in a home with people who are home a lot of the time.

She's doing well with her house training. We had a big double-accident a few days ago when it rained all day, and every now and then she potties. But she does really well on a regular schedule (and no downpours!). She uses the doggie door like a pro, and she loves to run and play outside with people. If people aren't out there, she'd rather be in with them. She not much of an independent explorer.

Bella's being fostered in northeast KS, and the people who adopt her will need to be willing to travel to collect her. She travels very well. We've taken her on several short trips, and she settled right down.

Honestly, it would be very easy to keep Bella myself. I love her desperately, and she is extremely bonded to me. However, I made the commitment to foster--not adopt--and the three other dogs I have are plenty to keep me busy. It will break my heart, but I really need to find a good home for her. If you think that you might be able to provide that home for a wonderful cavalier, please PM me.

Daisy's Mom
20th September 2008, 07:27 PM
I was wondering about Bella -- I watch the website all the time and I saw she was switched from Adoption Pending back to available.

She sounds very sweet and she looks adorable. I think we are gone too much during the day for her, or I would start planning a campaign with my husband for for us to adopt her.

Good luck to you and her!

coconut
20th September 2008, 07:30 PM
i hope that bella finds her forever home soon she sounds like a loving dog!!

asherotter31
22nd September 2008, 02:07 AM
I applied for Bella a few months ago and never heard anything, there were a few dogs closer to me but none of those worked out. I am only one state south, but I do work 40 hours a week.

I will put the word out that she is still up for adoption!