• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Hello!

Sez

Hi :D
Just a quickie introduction before I get on with the serious business of asking questions!
I'm Sez, and I live in North Yorkshire with my partner and our zoo: our lovely lurcher, Amberella (better known as Ella or Ellie); two French Lop house rabbits; a Tawny owl; an American Corn snake; and my Thoroughbred. I'll pop a few pictures on the end for anyone who wishes to see.

I am very much a "big dog" person, and before we ended up with Ella, I researched several breeds, including Malamutes, German Shepherds and English Springer Spaniels. We ended up with our rescue pup, believing her to be part German Shepherd, but it turns out she is most likely a whippet x staffie (or as I was recently informed "she's a lurcher, don'cha know" :lol: ). For six months last year, we also fostered my mum's Springer x Lab while she was moving house, so we got used to the chaos that two dogs brings! When he went home early this year, we started the long process of us all getting used to being a single dog household (Ella was only twelve weeks old when we took my Mum's dog on, so had spent most of her life with him). Although we've all adjusted nicely, we have started talking about adding another dog to the mix now that Ella is a year old and coming on nicely with her training. I was leaning towards looking again at a Malamute or possible a retired greyhound, but my OH grew up with a CKCS and loves the breed, so I decided to do a bit of research and find out about them. From what I've seen and read, they actually sound like an ideal pet, but their size still intimidates me (strange as that sounds! :lol:)

So that's me and my reasons for being here in a nutshell. I sincerely hope that I won't be too bothersome with all my questions!

I hope these pictures aren't too big :xfngr:

My lovely Ella
AmberinWhitby.jpg

Big bunnies, Bandit & Fable (excuse the nasty cheap carpet! :rolleyes:)
001.jpg

My pretty birdy
CandlestonAugust2007a.jpg

And my neddy
Horses1of1-4.jpg

Unfortunately all the pictures of the snake seem to be pictures of her hiding - you can just spot her if you squint... I shall have to get some more taken.

Thanks everyone :D
Coconut, the summer is the best time to be jealous - we're quickly approaching the season of early mornings and evenings that are pitch black (my yard has no electricity so I'm going to be in the market for a good torch in the next few weeks!), in layers of jumpers and socks, falling over on ice and crunching through frozen fields trying to catch the blighter! :lol: He's my darling though, and I honestly wouldn't change it for the world :lotsaluv: It took me the best part of two decades to have a horse of my own, and I know exactly how lucky I am :luv: Even if he can be a complete fruit-loop at times!

The piccies are all courtesy of my lovely boyfriend's fabulous photography skills :D :snap:

icon_welcome from Surrey - just the two Cavaliers here. What a menagerie you have! Bet they keep you busy. Ella is lovely.

Back