• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Hi

Chaos

Hi :p
Just wanted to introduce myself - my name is Clare and I live in Yorkshire.
I have two cavs - Oliver (a ruby) and Harry (a tri) and I'd love to rehome another one, esp a cav who is deaf as I'm really interested in deaf communication (humans and dogs) - so if anyone knows of any that would be great!

Lovely to find a site like this where we can share our cav stories instead of boring non dog lovers!!

Clare x :dogwlk:

Hello :D
I'd love to see some pictures of your two. I think I'm leaning towards a ruby CKCS myself.. so pretty! :lotsaluv:

icon_welcome from Surrey. I don't know anything about deaf Cavaliers, but am interested in your interest, so to speak. Do you have friends/family who have hearing problems?

Hi all :p

My interest in deafness - I did a degree in special needs and education (I'm now a primary school teacher) and during that, one of the most profound things I ever heard was from a deaf tutor who said that the only reason that people are disabled is because society makes it that way. It just made me really sad to think that we can communicate in all these other languages but yet cann't communicate with people in our society. ( I once was in a shop and a deaf person wanted some help and the cashier was so rude to him) so since all that I'e been studying sign language and then I guess thats where wanting to help a deaf dog came from!
Long explanation but there we go!
2869782243_9861fca5d6.jpg

Oliver

and

Harry
2869781595_490d4f57d1.jpg

Oliver and Harry are gorgeous. I just passed British Sign Language Level 1 and I'm back at college on Thursday for my next course :D

welcome to the forum did you say Harry was a tri ? who's the gorgeous black and tan in the picture ?

xx

I meant bk & tan (a blonde moment!) ~ must just be caught up in all the beautiful pictures of the other dogs xx

Back