PDA

View Full Version : Fostering

coconut
18th September 2008, 07:32 PM
i have a little foster boy here with me. His name is woody and he is 5 yrs old so doesn't look his age, i will have to take some pictures and put them up!!! We are just back from being out for a nice long walk.

Elaine 2
18th September 2008, 07:47 PM
Oh yes I'd love to see Woody's pics :snap:

coconut
18th September 2008, 08:51 PM
I will try and get a better picture of woody he would not stay still for me earlier

But here he is WOODY!!!

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r309/ronburg/rescue/DSC00278.jpg

Katelyn
18th September 2008, 09:15 PM
He's so cute! I love his name too..

Alison_Leighfield
18th September 2008, 09:45 PM
Sending hugs his way, he looks lovely ((x)) will you have him for long?

Alison.

Shelli
18th September 2008, 09:50 PM
Ah he's lovely. :xfngr: he finds his forever home soon.

Elaine 2
18th September 2008, 10:19 PM
Aww he's gorgeous, l reckon he'll soon get snapped up :lotsaluv:

*Pauline*
18th September 2008, 10:51 PM
Oh he's cute. I still haven't heard from ManyTears I'll have to ring them. How's he settling in?

Chelle & Rex
18th September 2008, 11:49 PM
He's gorgeous :lotsaluv:

coconut
19th September 2008, 08:37 AM
He is a cutie and a barker, kept me awake a good bit last night!! Everytime i heard him barking i would give a length of time and he was always stopped by then!!

*Pauline*
19th September 2008, 09:53 AM
I hope he doesn't bark for you tonight :rolleyes: I'm going to watch this thread with interest as I hope I learn something for when/if I ever get a foster.

coconut
19th September 2008, 09:59 AM
me too but i think it maybe a bit of anxiety on the first night!!!

Pauline when ever u start fostering u will be great at it don't worry!!

I have already failed at fostering molly came to us and within a day she had all of our hearts and was not leaving!

coconut
19th September 2008, 07:19 PM
woody and freddie

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r309/ronburg/rescue/IMG_1721.jpg

Woody

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r309/ronburg/rescue/IMG_1729.jpg

baxter checking out woody

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r309/ronburg/rescue/IMG_1730.jpg

Woody is doing great today, he so cute we are all in love with him, he barked a bit last night but is enjoying himself today!!

Shelli
19th September 2008, 07:24 PM
He is such a handsome boy. Glad to hear he's getting on well there :)

Dublin
19th September 2008, 07:28 PM
:lotsaluv: he's a babe!

Hope you get some slp though tonight!!

coconut
19th September 2008, 07:32 PM
he is not really backing today i think he was nervous of being in a strange place last night bless him!!! :lotsaluv:

OH MY GOD MY DECKING LOOKS TERRIBLE IN THEM PICTURES :grnyuk: i am start cleaning:v*cuum:

cosmic81
19th September 2008, 08:00 PM
HI Coconut!
where is Portarlington, Laois? you used to live in Florida right?
Woody is such a cute little boy. How lucky to be fostered by you!

coconut
19th September 2008, 08:07 PM
I am in ireland, no i never lived in florida i go to florida on my hols all the time!!

sallymum
19th September 2008, 08:08 PM
HI Coconut!
where is Portarlington, Laois? you used to live in Florida right?
Woody is such a cute little boy. How lucky to be fostered by you!

Portarlington laois is in Ireland. i think coconut was on honeymoon there.

coconut
20th September 2008, 09:53 AM
well woody was a different dog last night, we all had some relax time in the sitting room last night and woody found himself a spot on the floor under me and slept for awhile then bed time came and he slept until mark came in from work around 2 and was in the kitchen and distrubed them, i got up at 7 and let them all out to the toilet and off they went back to sleep:p!! Woody is learning how to play with the other doggies now, he got plenty of little walks yesterday and he has a fab smile he is a real cutie!!! :lotsaluv:he doesn't act 5 at all he is like a little puppy!!

*Pauline*
20th September 2008, 10:43 AM
I noticed that huge smile of his! Glad you got some sleep, reckon tonight he'll be even better. Well done Aine.

Claire L
20th September 2008, 10:52 AM
Is this your first time fostering Aine? I would be terrified that I wouldn't be able to let the dog go. Woody looks great though :luv: I love his name!

coconut
20th September 2008, 01:10 PM
No it is not my foster time claire i have done it a few times and i have failed that is where i got molly from! :lotsaluv::lotsaluv:

Ste
20th September 2008, 02:05 PM
Is this your first time fostering Aine? I would be terrified that I wouldn't be able to let the dog go.

Aine fostered Abigail before she came to live here, and i'm glad she let her go :D

coconut
20th September 2008, 07:28 PM
Aine fostered Abigail before she came to live here, and i'm glad she let her go :D

I think she found the best home with u ste, she looks brilliant since ye took her in and gave her a home!!!

i went to the woods today with all the doggies and they had so much fun, woody loved the woods as well and they all came home to lie down for a while as the weather was so fab today!!!!:p

:xfngr: it stays that way this wk as i am working at the ploughing championship in kilkenny this wk and really don't wanna have to wear wellies!!!! Me and the dogs spent the hole day in the back garden taken in the sun it was great!!!

brid kenny
20th September 2008, 08:02 PM
Glad it's going well for you.

coconut
20th September 2008, 10:04 PM
thanks brid, i have put the doggies to bed as i am getting ready to go myself and again no barking from woody what difference there is in the last few days!

*Pauline*
20th September 2008, 11:04 PM
Where do you put him to bed Aine? In a crate or with your dogs? Does he cuddle them? Is he house trained? How do you walk all 4 dogs?

coconut
21st September 2008, 09:16 AM
i put them all in the kitchen as i have it dog friendly, i have the big RSPCA bed that mine all cuddle together on one edge of it!!! :p woody sleeps under the table that is the spot he picked so i put down a blanket it for him and moved the chairs out of the way to give him his own space, i don't think he is use to other dogs so that would be y he likes his space!! yeah he is housetrained.

Walking 4 dogs is fun my niece is great she loves the dogs she is 11yrs old and has decided that she wants to be a vet nurse so she comes on all the walks with me and we take to each. I have to say all of mine are very good on there leads and so is woody so they are no trouble walking! In the woods yesterday i kept molly and woody on leads and let baxter and freddie walk beside us they love to smell around but molly loves to run after sheep which i have learned the hard way so i keep her beside me and i was unsure of how woody would be so i would not risk it!!:dogwlk:

As i am typing this he is beside me on the sofa asleep at my feet this is the first time for him to get on the sofa. :lotsaluv: bless him he is so cute!!

coconut
25th September 2008, 06:15 AM
woody is really settling in now!! there is no more sleeping under the table i got up this morning and he was asleep with the rest of them on the bed he is a pleasure to have here!!

rajacadoo
25th September 2008, 08:20 AM
OMG what a cutie, awesome name and next pics please...:snap::)

pippa
25th September 2008, 08:23 AM
Sounds like woody is really settling in, he's lovely. Well done on the fostering.

rajacadoo
25th September 2008, 08:47 AM
woody and freddie

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r309/ronburg/rescue/IMG_1721.jpg

Woody

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r309/ronburg/rescue/IMG_1729.jpg

Woody is doing great today, he so cute we are all in love with him, he barked a bit last night but is enjoying himself today!!

They are so cute looking at the camera!!!

cosmic81
25th September 2008, 07:13 PM
I am in ireland, no i never lived in florida i go to florida on my hols all the time!!

My mistake!:rolleyes:

SallyPoole
25th September 2008, 07:46 PM
Aww he is lovely. I love fostering. It's lovely to see them flourish then go to a happy forever sofa. They always take a little piece of your heart with them :lotsaluv:

Steffers
25th September 2008, 11:20 PM
he is lovely :)

If i tried I think i would continually fail, and end up with a thousand dogs

I have masses of respect for you guys that foster :-p :paw::paw:

:rah: well done :rah:

amanda L
26th September 2008, 12:45 PM

Such a cute pic:snap:, Woody looks like he's smiling:).

Coconut, Baxter is so like my ruby boy, he could be his twin:p

coconut
26th September 2008, 01:47 PM
they could be twins, where did u get him from and how old is he??

molly
26th September 2008, 08:34 PM
Woody is a cutie. Glad you are fostering him. He'll never forget you for it.

Juniors Daddy
28th September 2008, 03:01 PM
hiya there i think its a great thing ya doing there fostering him ... i would fail totally u must have a big heart to be able to do it in the first place and then wave him good bye hopefully knowing hes going to a better home full respect

coconut
29th September 2008, 09:24 PM
i have failed and she is sitting on my knee at the moment!!! i think when u know that they are going to there forever home and that it is going to be good u don't mind as much!!

Karlin
29th September 2008, 09:30 PM
Just back in from Calif today; will be in touch tomorrow!

coconut
7th October 2008, 02:08 PM
:updte: Hey all!! Woody has gone to his new home!! My friends parents fell in love with him and were delighted to have the chance to give him a loving home :p:p

He has taken over their sofa as his bed and spends his time looking out of the window at everything!! I get to see him all the time as he is only across the road from me:*nana:

He gets to go on walks every evening so he is happy out!!!

Jan Bell
7th October 2008, 02:15 PM
:lotsaluv: What good news for Woody, hope he has many happy years ahead of him.

coconut
7th October 2008, 07:30 PM
Me too they are a very loving family and he has fit right in!!

*Pauline*
7th October 2008, 07:48 PM
Really happy for him and you as you will get to see him all the time. :D

coconut
7th October 2008, 08:15 PM
he was sitting in the window awhile ago looking across at me!!

*Pauline*
7th October 2008, 08:17 PM
Awwwwwwww bless. :lotsaluv:

Cathy T
7th October 2008, 08:31 PM
What a happy ending!!! I got such a kick out of his little smudge....Jake has one like that and I just love it! How neat that he will be right across the street from you. Well done!!