PDA

View Full Version : Finn Is Home Alleluia Amen

rugbymom
19th September 2008, 03:34 AM
After the darkness, there is always LIGHT. God answered all of your prayers and my baby is home. They determined that he did not swallow a toy but suffers from inflamatory bowel disease. He is still very weak, skinny and on a ton of meds for his cough and his tummy. We will nurse him back to health.

THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR YOUR PRAYERS AND SUPPORT.

God does send angels our way when we need them the most. I know I found them around the world.

frecklesmom
19th September 2008, 03:44 AM
Oh my gosh, little Finn you gave us a scare. Cuddle in tonight and sweet dreams :luv:

coconut
19th September 2008, 08:21 AM
That is great news i am delighted that he is home!

Jan Bell
19th September 2008, 08:35 AM
Rugbymom, so pleased to hear this news. Lots of cuddles and hugs to Finn.

Brian M
19th September 2008, 08:35 AM
Hi

Well done Finn we had total faith you would get better ,Hurray !:snap::rah::flwr:

Jasperxxgabby
19th September 2008, 08:52 AM
Thats great news to hear, sending Finn :luv::flwr::flwr::flwr:.

Alison_Leighfield
19th September 2008, 08:55 AM
Excellent news, well done Finn x :) :) :)

Alison.

*Pauline*
19th September 2008, 09:49 AM
I'm very glad they have worked out what was wrong though.

Where do you go from here? What will you feed him? Will he always be on meds?

ice-cavi
19th September 2008, 10:27 AM
Thats great news and such a relief:wggle:

Cathy Moon
19th September 2008, 12:08 PM
So glad he finally came home! :rah: :jump:
I'm hoping you'll keep us updated with progress reports as he regains his health. Your story and his will be helpful for others in the future. :flwr:

Margaret C
19th September 2008, 12:34 PM
So pleased that your little boy is home with you.
Finn is lucky to have such a determined & loving Mum.

Margaret C

sins
19th September 2008, 12:49 PM
I've no doubt that he's in excellent hands and will in time recover full health.It's been quite a stressful time for you.Keep in touch and let us know how he's doing.
Sins

brotymo
19th September 2008, 01:08 PM
so relieved and happy for you and Finn!

merlinsmum
19th September 2008, 01:17 PM
Thats excellent news! Hope you recover quickly Finn:paw:

Shelli
19th September 2008, 01:22 PM
Great to hear that Finn is home. You must be so relieved :flwr::lotsaluv:

Cleo's Person
19th September 2008, 02:35 PM
Oh that is such good news!!! I'm truely delighted to hear it:).

arasara
19th September 2008, 02:40 PM
Oh you have no idea how huge my smile is right now!! I am SO happy and relieved for you guys!! :xfngr: you are able to nurse him back to health quickly.. :flwr:

:pi*no: doing the happy dance for you!! :jump:

Sandrac
19th September 2008, 05:15 PM
So pleased Finn is back home where he can now have lots of cuddles and love to continue his road to full recovery.:lotsaluv:

Claire L
19th September 2008, 05:41 PM
:jump: Welcome home Finn :rah::rah::rah:

hbmama
19th September 2008, 06:56 PM
Oh, so glad Finn made it through the surgery okay and is on the road to full recovery under your tender loving care. Did the vet say how that inflammation started, or is this just something that some dogs can get, like a virus?? Will he have to be on special medication for the long term??

Elaine 2
19th September 2008, 08:37 PM
Great news, I'm so pleased you have Finn home where he belongs :thmbsup:

diddy
19th September 2008, 08:55 PM
Im sooooooo pleased you have him back where he belongs. Here's hoping he improves every day. And Thank You for letting us know how hes getting on. Give him a gentle hug from us all.:lotsaluv:

Cathy T
19th September 2008, 09:14 PM
Hallelujah!!! You've just made my day. I'm sitting here grinning ear to ear with Sara!! That's just the best news I've heard all week. So glad he's home and on the mend.

Chelle & Rex
19th September 2008, 09:41 PM
I'm delighted to read this, I'm so glad he's on the mend :p

pippa
19th September 2008, 10:25 PM
Glad he is in the mend and back home with you.

rugbymom
20th September 2008, 01:07 AM
Oh, so glad Finn made it through the surgery okay and is on the road to full recovery under your tender loving care. Did the vet say how that inflammation started, or is this just something that some dogs can get, like a virus?? Will he have to be on special medication for the long term??

Finn always suffered from mild tummy trouble. He would throw up, if he sat in the back seat of a car. His bowels were always loose and his anal glands always became impacted. He was always eating stuff he shouldn't like bunny turds or bugs so we never thought twice about since he was so full of life and energy and always had a good check up at the vets. We take him religiously for his check ups and he is on heart worm pills as recommended. The vet believes he was born with it. Something that he ate that day ( i think bacon because i rarely make it) caused a massive flare up. I am not sure about lifetime meds yet because they are waiting on biopsies and he has to go back for a check up post op next week. The medication he will need for it is steriods and since he has pnemonia, they can't give him them until that clears up. Steriods will increase his recovery time.

Today was the first day I saw the old Finn. He was more engergitic and wanted to play with other dogs. He had a spring in his step, his nose held high and his beautiful tail fanned out when we walked. Also, he wanted to visit his old stomping grounds which is quite a walk from our house. He wasn't winded or tired.
:jump:

I am so estatic to have him home!! I will NEVER EVER take him or anything else for granted again. I tell him I love him every day. I never knew my heart could hold such love for a dog. I am blessed to have him in my life. Ohh, and Murphy too. Murphy, our english mastiff puppy is so much happier now that his big brother is home. Finn is asleep on the couch and Murphy is on the floor beside him, as it should be and hopefully will be for a very, very long time.:lotsaluv:

Arne
20th September 2008, 08:06 AM
I had a dog who had to be on steroids for tummy troubles, after a while and a change of diet (to food he had never had beforeb salmon and potato) he was able to come off them with no ill effects.

*Pauline*
20th September 2008, 08:39 AM
Aww bless him, you clearly love him so much. I'm happy he's getting his energy back.

Jan Bell
20th September 2008, 09:29 AM
I love a happy ending.

jld
20th September 2008, 03:15 PM
Wonderful news......whew, what a relief!!!!!!! Judy

brotymo
20th September 2008, 03:24 PM
I hope Finn is recovering well....:flwr:

coconut
20th September 2008, 09:40 PM
i am so happy to hear that finn is recovering well!!! he is very lucky to have a mammy that loves him so much!!!

hbmama
21st September 2008, 03:37 AM
Poor little fella. Glad he is doing better now though. You are the best mom ever!

diddy
23rd September 2008, 10:16 PM
So pleased to hear Finn is recovering now.He is obviously loved very very much - lucky little fellow.

rugbymom
24th September 2008, 12:48 AM
Fin will have to be on a special diet now. The problem is he is sooo picky. He smells everything including steak before he eats it. I have already tried 3 different kinds of food. I am trying to trick him into eating a prescription food by adding little bits of his old favorite and some beef broth. I will slowly stop adding his old favorite. I am just so happy to have my baby back. Just praying I find the right food to put weight back on him and keep him from having another flare up.