PDA

View Full Version : Soft and silky coats

Love my Cavaliers
20th September 2008, 04:17 PM
Thanks to a tip from Ice-Cavi a short while ago on another post about flaking, I started my dogs on seameal and flaxseed oil. All four of my dogs now have such amazing coats - they are smooth, soft, and silky. Madison's fur has never been silky - more cottony, and it feels just divine right now. Also, my dogs had periodic flaking - most noticeable on my black and tan (hers started after surgery for SM) and my tri who has a black blanket coat. Their fur is so shiny now without any little dry flecks. Amazing stuff!!!

Bev, :paw: Oliver (7 yr old blen), :paw: Riley (6 yr old bl & tan), :paw: Madison (5 yr old ruby), and :paw: Oz (14 month old tri)

Claire L
20th September 2008, 08:47 PM
Bev, can you give us a link to it ? Thanks.

Love my Cavaliers
20th September 2008, 09:34 PM
The brand is Solid Gold and the link to the website: http://www.solidgoldhealth.com/

I ordered directly from them but then noticed that they had a directory of stores that carry the products. My favorite pet store has Solid Gold products so it will be easier next time. Although I have to say, they were fast with delivery. The difference in my dog's coats in just a couple of weeks is amazing. I just put it on their food in the morning using the dose recommended on the product label and they all just chow down.

Bev, :paw: Oliver (7 yr old blen), :paw: Riley (6 yr old bl & tan), :paw: Madison (5 yr old ruby), and :paw: Oz (14 month old tri)

Love my Cavaliers
20th September 2008, 09:36 PM
Claire,

I just saw that you are from Ireland. The company is based in California. I don't know how expensive shipping would be. Maybe Ice-Cavi would know. Good luck,
Bev

hbmama
21st September 2008, 03:31 AM
For those of you who use supplements, just wondering if the flaxseed or primrose oils cause loose or a change in stools? :confused: If not, I think I will give it a try.

Love my Cavaliers
21st September 2008, 04:07 AM
All 4 of my dogs have been on the flaxseed oil for 2-3 weeks with absolutely no change in the consistency of their stools. They have all been perfect!