• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Soft and silky coats

Love my Cavaliers

Thanks to a tip from Ice-Cavi a short while ago on another post about flaking, I started my dogs on seameal and flaxseed oil. All four of my dogs now have such amazing coats - they are smooth, soft, and silky. Madison's fur has never been silky - more cottony, and it feels just divine right now. Also, my dogs had periodic flaking - most noticeable on my black and tan (hers started after surgery for SM) and my tri who has a black blanket coat. Their fur is so shiny now without any little dry flecks. Amazing stuff!!!

Bev, :paw: Oliver (7 yr old blen), :paw: Riley (6 yr old bl & tan), :paw: Madison (5 yr old ruby), and :paw: Oz (14 month old tri)

The brand is Solid Gold and the link to the website: http://www.solidgoldhealth.com/

I ordered directly from them but then noticed that they had a directory of stores that carry the products. My favorite pet store has Solid Gold products so it will be easier next time. Although I have to say, they were fast with delivery. The difference in my dog's coats in just a couple of weeks is amazing. I just put it on their food in the morning using the dose recommended on the product label and they all just chow down.

Bev, :paw: Oliver (7 yr old blen), :paw: Riley (6 yr old bl & tan), :paw: Madison (5 yr old ruby), and :paw: Oz (14 month old tri)

Claire,

I just saw that you are from Ireland. The company is based in California. I don't know how expensive shipping would be. Maybe Ice-Cavi would know. Good luck,
Bev

For those of you who use supplements, just wondering if the flaxseed or primrose oils cause loose or a change in stools? :confused: If not, I think I will give it a try.

All 4 of my dogs have been on the flaxseed oil for 2-3 weeks with absolutely no change in the consistency of their stools. They have all been perfect!

Back