• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Trip to Dun a Ri forest park

cecily

We decided to make the most of the gorgeous weather yesterday... one of the nicest days we've had since MAY I think!! and probably the nicest day we'll have until next summer. Looks like rain is back today.

We took the dogs to Dun a Ri forest park in Cavan which is my favourite place in Ireland. Fabulous walks, lots of rivers and little waterfalls and streams and wooded areas, as well as a huge grassy area where families have picnics or play with their kids. The dogs loved it... must be full of interesting smells for them. Unfortunately I forgot to bring a proper camera so we only had a camera phone which wasn't great in the dim light, added to the fact that the dogs wouldn't hold still for one second! Here's our best shots anyway.

Billy and Dora
DSC01085.jpg

DSC01164.jpg

I was mad to get a nice one of them at this waterfall but they started eating the grass and would not look up at all. and were not holding still at all either!
DSC01174.jpg

DSC01192.jpg
DSC01189.jpg

Dora liked the water a lot, and just jumped in. Dougal didn't. He stood on the stepping stones and howled and howled.
DSC01199.jpg

In she goes!
DSC01200.jpg

DSC01204.jpg

Last edited:
yesterday was a great day to go to the woods looks like ye had fun!!! today is very foggy!!!

Lovely photos, looks like ye had a great day. The fog has lifted here now and the sun is shining so hopefully you'll get the same today :xfngr: The weather has been dreadful this year.

That looks like a wood we have here,called Colligan,its stunning.The boys love it,but you arnt allowed to let dogs off the lead.

Cecily, those are bloomin' marvellous! Love Dora's diving and Dougal's howling - and is that a photo with Dora with her head under water? It looks like a fabulous walk. I keep hoping I can con my parents into taking us to Tullymore but s'pose it'll have to wait til next summer at this rate. Well, May anyway...

Justine you're not really meant to let dogs off the lead but nobody enforces that so most people do. Although we wouldn't ever let Dora off. She was on the extendo lead, which was a good job because when she flung herself into the water (yes lisa, that is her head submerged!!) the current was very strong and we were able to reel her in. (there was no real danger though, it's only about a foot deep at it's deepest part and although it rushes past the stepping stones in the picture, it's completely still elsewhere). Dougal we let off because he never wanders more than a few feet from us.

Lisa, this place is lovely in the autumn :D You should come and visit... not too far from Newry!!

Back