• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Maddening ad in our local paper

Daisy's Mom

I saw this ad in our local paper yesterday and today:

Cavalier King Charles Spaniels CKC Reg. Inside or outside dogs, extremely lovable. $650

I am very tempted to call and give these people a piece of my mind, but I know it will make absolutely no difference to them. If you kept a Cavalier outside in Tennessee, it would most likely die of heat stroke or freezing within a year. Not to mention just plain old loneliness. It is so frustrating.

When I see these types of ads (not the inside or outside part -- that's a new one), I always worry more about the parents than the puppies being sold, but this one has now made me worry equally about both! You know this is the worst kind of puppy mill or backyard breeding operation if he is saying "inside or outside dogs." And some ignorant buyers will see that statement and believe him that it's OK to keep a Cavalier as an outside dog. Of course, he just wants to sell them and he couldn't care less if the buyer then dumps them on the nearest highway, as long as he gets paid. And needless to say, his poor dogs are NEVER allowed inside or given any attention whatsoever.

OK, my blood pressure is beginning to spike. I think I'm going to have to call him/her.

CKC spaniel in ad - Weymouth

I know it's is so thoughtless advertising them in the paper like they are a second hand car. There's a 4 yr old dog in our local Echo tonight for £150 - makes me mad!

There was an ad in our local paper for a 2yr old Cavalier for $50! It also listed cavalier-x-pomeranian puppies!!! :mad:
I called for the Cavalier but she was already gone :( Hopefully they won't let breeding like this happen again. :mad:

I've even seen someone advertize Cavalier/Schnauzer pups coming due in Oct. :eek: I can't believe someone would actually do that on purpose!
I love Cavaliers and I love Mini Schnauzers, but would never ever cross them!

Back