• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

I just got my new cavalier

I got my new cavalier on Saturday night. Shes a Blenheim Girl, whos not even 2 yet. (til January). And shes a champion show dog. Her name is Daisy. :) I love her soo much!

Ill post some pics later!

-Shannon

That's great. :) Did you make sure to get full information on why anyone would be rehoming a show cavalier, much less a young champion if that is actually the case, for free? That would be very unusual and strange, and you'd really want to make sure of the reasons as they could be health or temperament problems (I don't want to worry you but it would very bizarre for someone to just rehome a dog that has a champion title at so young). I assume she is on a spay contract as well?

Yeah, Its my aunts friends dog. (A cav breeder) She said she wanted her to do other things (Akc agility & Obedience) which i love to do, and have done. The payment for her is letting her get a litter out of her first.

Trust me, everythings fine. nothings wrong with her :) You just gotta know the situation.

Well, actually, no it isn't necessarily OK.

What experience do you have of breeding? Are all of these cardiologist tested, MRI screened dogs? Eyes/hips/patellas tested?

Please do read the site in more detail about what is appropriate to discuss. I know you didn't begin this thread by discussing breeding but I don't allow breeding discussions and would be concerned about dogs being passed around to be used for breeding if breeders are not totally health focused. Sadly this doesn't seem to be a high priority for a lot of people breeding cavaliers.

Sorry about that. But yeah,shes tested for eyes, and everything else. Im definitely not into breeders that are into breeding "just to breed" the dogs.

But anyways. No more talk about breeding. Im just happy to have my own cavalier, finally :)

I don't know if anyone remembers but when I house sat for my breeder I fell for one of her girls. I asked if I could take her home and was told yes, but she needs to come back to have 3 litters, she hadn't had any at that point. I'm glad I didn't take her as I would have had to be without my girl for so long and anything could go wrong. I was given a lot of advice from breeders against this. I was grateful. I trusted my breeder but people change their minds and I know lots can go wrong legally.

Just a bit of friendly advice, it's best to get things in writing. Your dog may produce big litters of fabulous pups and she may want more than one litter.

Some dogs just don't like being in kennels and are better off in a home. I would ask for a contract though, the dog is hers legally unless she gives you the papers and you change the ownership. And I'd like in writing that she only wants 1 litter. (y)

Looking forward to seeing pics of your champion girl:snap:

Back