• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Adjusting to a new puppy

Lizzie42

well, it's not me that needs adjusting, it's our first dog. Sancho is a 4 year old neutered male who seems totally unwilling to "share the love" with our new arrival, a 10 week old female, Dulcinea.

She's more than willing to follow him (relentlessly) which is good, because if he sees her, he's running. He's ignoring me and my husband, won't play, won't sit in his "regular" spot on the couch, etc. He does eat and drink, etc., so it's gotta' be jealousy, but we have to hunt him down for a good loving now and then. He's accustomed to other animals, but they're cats. Sometimes I think he's not sure he's not one.

Anyway, I know it's only been two days, so it's early days, but I'm concerned that early days are important ones.

Advice? Suggestions? Introduction techniques?

Back