PDA

View Full Version : Oprah: Puppy Mill Update

CVFlagg
24th September 2008, 05:02 PM
Oprah will be airing a follow up story on puppy mills this Thursday, September 25.

rajacadoo
25th September 2008, 08:58 AM
I hope nobody gets insulted by this...

I really dont agree with puppy mills they casue massive genetic problems. They treat the animals there like they dont care [which they dont] if a female is in heat, they just leave her there and let any male to mate with her:mad:.

Just not right

Rajacadoo

Cathy Moon
25th September 2008, 12:20 PM
It would be wonderful if she did quarterly follow-up shows on puppy mills to educate people and increase their awareness of the horrible industry. Hopefully she'll have footage of what happened recently in Virginia.

cosmic81
25th September 2008, 07:26 PM

I really dont agree with puppy mills they casue massive genetic problems. They treat the animals there like they dont care [which they dont] if a female is in heat, they just leave her there and let any male to mate with her:mad:.

Just not right

Rajacadoo

no responsible pet lover would be insulted by your comment.
My first dog came from a backyard breeder who works at a pet store.
It is MY FAULT to purchased the dog from such source. I was ignorant. However I love this dog so much that I've become a much more responsible pet owner. I will NEVER buy from a BYB or Pet store again!

SallyPoole
25th September 2008, 07:41 PM

Just not right

Rajacadoo

No responsible pet owner would be insulted by that ;)

CVFlagg
25th September 2008, 08:10 PM
Raj-

Obviously you misunderstood my reason for posting this. She is not doing a positive story on puppy mills but rather a follow up to her summer show on the horrible conditions in puppy mills.

No one on this board would ever condone puppy mills!

Karlin
28th September 2008, 12:36 AM
Did anyone see this? How was the follow-up?

Lani
28th September 2008, 12:39 AM
I watched it on my DVR.

It was an episode about dogs with only a small portion devoted to puppy mills. That said, she had the same guy from the rescue on (the one who did the billboard that originally caused her to air the puppy mill show). They had a couple updates about the 80 dogs who were shot in PA (because it was cheaper than getting them flea treatment that the inspectors required ... and totally legal ...!!!) and also the raid of the WV puppy mill where 927 dogs were seized.

It wasn't as extensive as the previous show but it did a good job keeping the issue of puppy mills in the spotlight.

Cathy T
28th September 2008, 02:06 AM
Got it on DVR and am going to try and watch it this weekend.

rajacadoo
28th September 2008, 03:58 AM
Raj-

Obviously you misunderstood my reason for posting this. She is not doing a positive story on puppy mills but rather a follow up to her summer show on the horrible conditions in puppy mills.

No one on this board would ever condone puppy mills!

Oh no i didn't misunderstand you i just didnt know if it was good or bad... which it sort of the same thing but anyway!!! ;););).

rajacadoo
28th September 2008, 04:45 AM
No responsible pet owner would be insulted by that ;)

Yes i agree! :D Everytime i thik about stuff like puppy mills or any animal cruelty i am either on the verge of tears on it tears.

I am thinking of getting a job at the RSPCA. An animal police officer. I know it would be sad seeing all the animals in a stressfull situation but it would be worth it.

Ok that was a bit off topic...

Rajacadoo