PDA

View Full Version : Transporting rescues

frecklesmom
27th September 2008, 03:57 AM
Today I noticed this site

http://www.operationroger.rescuegroups.org/

and a similar site on Yahoo Groups-don't know that specific name

These are truckers who will transport at minimal cost rescued dogs across the country. The Operation Roger site stated they were not for emergency situations as their routes need planning but, in any case, I thought this was a valuable tool.Just some more angels in rescue*ng*l

Mom of Jato
27th September 2008, 02:46 PM
WOW- that is really neat! What a great idea for them to be able to help out. :thmbsup:

frecklesmom
28th September 2008, 06:28 PM
If you get a chance browse their stories, some challenging transports (size wise-Great Pyrenees,hmm) and some sweet transports such as taking dogs from rescue "oldies" to a Retirement Home, they transfer for people moving and for family to family. Their are a few names of shelters, in the stories, that work with them and one shelter is 60 mi. from a possible rescue we were cheering and wondering, at the same time, about the puzzles of transport. If anyone has priced transport by transport companies, this seems like a dream come true. One on one company and get to sleep in the driver's bed (unless you're a Great P and you won't fit) and listen to the driver's music selections :cool:

Cathy Moon
29th September 2008, 04:40 AM
I just saved it to my Bookmarks. What a great idea!!!!:thmbsup: