View Full Version : Another update on Pippa

brid kenny
30th September 2008, 07:12 PM
She has improved immensely since she was sore first but she is still squealing with pain when she is lifted. THe vet thought something was swlling on her spine so she is getting an x ray tomorrow.

30th September 2008, 07:21 PM
hope its nothing serious. good luck to pippa in her x-ray :flwr:

30th September 2008, 07:24 PM
good luck with the scan!!!

30th September 2008, 07:26 PM
Oh the poor little thing - she is such a dote :lotsaluv:
:xfngr: it wont be anything too serious..

30th September 2008, 07:39 PM
Oh no, poor girl. I hope it's nothing serious. It's good you are getting the x-ray. Does she need to be sedated?

30th September 2008, 07:43 PM
If nothing shows on that I'd get her immediately in to see Fintan at Anicare in Blanchardstown as he is familiar with SM and medicating for that and suggesting next steps; I know this was your other concern. If she is squealing she must be in quite a lot of pain -- has your vet put her onto anything for that? If not, ask that she be put on steroids to at least address the pain as that will help either back pain or SM pain. I'd also confine her to a crate so her movement is minimised. That is important for back problems and will help reduce her movements which could aggravate SM pain as well.

Good luck tomorrow. :flwr:

brid kenny
30th September 2008, 08:04 PM
Thanks Karlin. Yes she's on painkillers for the moment. he said if nothing shows up on the x ray she will be getting a scan.

30th September 2008, 08:16 PM
If by any chance there's nothing on the xray, I'd ask for a gabapentin prescription while you wait for a scan (it can be a few weeks' wait) and try her on the basic 100mg 2x or 3x and see if that helps -- if the pain is SM related this will probably help almost immediately. :flwr:

1st October 2008, 02:29 PM
Hope Pippa will be ok.

1st October 2008, 05:58 PM
How did Pippa get on with her x-ray? Hope all is ok :flwr: