PDA

View Full Version : Another black and tan

frecklesmom
4th October 2008, 06:44 PM
This little guy is in Chihuahua Rescue from a hoarder. He does look worried.

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l51/frecklesmom/herbie.jpg

Should you have any questions regarding this furry friend, please email us at
chihaven@wildblue.net.

Herbie is a male 5-6 year old Cavalier King Charles Spaniel who was in a hoarder/breeder situation and has now been rescued from that kind of life. Herbie has been professional groomed as he was very matted. Herbie is a loveable dog that gets along well with other dogs. Herbie is learning to walk on a leash and enjoying his freedom to roam freely. Herbie is or will be neutered, current on shots, dewormed, Advantix for fleas and ticks and microchipped.

Chihuahua Haven Rescue (http://www.petfinder.com/shelters/CA1065.html)
Corona, CA
951-763-2530

Cathy T
4th October 2008, 06:55 PM
I've sent his information to my 3 rescue contacts here in California as well as to a person looking to adopt a rescue. I'll let you know if I hear anything.

Cathy T
7th October 2008, 04:53 PM
Took a while to put the pieces together.....but this rescue group is the same one who was so incredibly helpful when the Temecula bust happened last year. In fact, in checking my mails, the woman who runs this rescue and I were corresponding a year ago this very week!! Weird huh? Herbie is in great hands!!! She is a really nice woman and totally has the dog's best interest at heart. If she needs assistance she knows where to ask for it but I have no doubt she'll be able to place Herbie is the most appropriate home for him. Chihaven rescue is great and a good friend to Cavaliers.

Jan Bell
7th October 2008, 05:32 PM
Can I ask what may be a stupid question? What is a hoarder? Is this someone who has lots of dogs? Sorry, but just haven't heard the expression before.

molly
7th October 2008, 05:36 PM
Cathy, glad you were able to validate that this sweet boy is in good hands. Sure hope he finds a forever home soon.

A hoarder collects many, many dogs and cannot care for them properly. http://www.psychiatrictimes.com/display/article/10168/54031

*Pauline*
7th October 2008, 05:57 PM
Can I ask what may be a stupid question? What is a hoarder? Is this someone who has lots of dogs? Sorry, but just haven't heard the expression before.

I'll stick my neck out here as I am only going on stories I've heard but I believe it's a compulsive disorder. Many people hoard the strangest things, some unfortunately hoard animals. In the end they are so overrun, they can't care for these animals properly. The neglect is so dire. Banning them from keeping dogs and treating the mental illness is the only way forward.

Didn't we have a thread recently with an animal hoarder who was banned for keeping dogs but still judges?

Cathy T
7th October 2008, 07:22 PM
Didn't we have a thread recently with an animal hoarder who was banned for keeping dogs but still judges?

There is a woman who supplied dogs to a hoarder (I guess he was more of a miller than a hoarder) and she's going to be judging a local show in February. Now....how would she sell this man numerous dogs and not be aware of the condition they were being kept in??!! Sometimes you just have to wonder.:(