• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Flying with dogs

Love my Cavaliers

I posted a while back about pet transport companies, but am now considering flying with my dogs. Does anyone have experience putting their dogs in cargo for a 3-4 hour flight? I have carried on, in the cabin, two of my dogs before, but one of my dogs is too big to carry on. He's only 25 pounds but the limit is 20 pounds and he's too long-limbed to be comfortable in an underseat carrier. He's also 7+ years old - don't know if age makes a difference. He's heart clear and healthy at this time. Any one with experience with this? Thanks.

My mom's rescue, Hope, was flown to her in this way. My mom did hours of extensive research before decided on Northwest's VIP program. It was quite expensive, but she said she was happy with the way Hope was taken care of.

http://www.nwa.com/travel/animals/commercialshipments.html

If I were you I would probably call around and see what services are available. :)

Good luck :flwr:

Back