• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Plaque Off and sickness

Jan Bell

Following another thread a few weeks ago I bought some plaque off for Toby and Rufus.

I started putting it in their food at the weekend and Toby was fine, but Rufus was sick later that day and moped around a lot, trying to eat grass and generally looking a bit under the weather. He was fine the following day.

Rufus tends to be a bit sensitive (and also eats things from the garden if he gets the chance :*gh:) so I am not sure if the plaque off that caused the sickness or not.icon_nwunsure

I haven't given it to him since (though continued with Toby) but am not sure whether to try again or not. Has anybody else had any adverse reactions to it? It seemed such a tiny amount I find it hard to believe it affected him, but I don't want to make him sick again either.

Jan

My two have Plaque off - Merlin has a sensitive tummy and he is okay with it - how much are you putting in their food?

Kirsty,

I put a level scoop in the food once a day. My two are quite big Cavaliers. How much are you using?

Toby is still fine, but I haven't tried Rufus again. Might try him again this weekend as it could have just been a fluke - it's such a small amount. And already I am getting more plaque off of Toby's teeth when I brush them, so it is working.

Hi Jan

Like you after reading the same post i bought plaque off and started my 3 on it and i put it on their food every other day with that little spoon thing that came with it and so far as i can see no reaction at all, and its about 2-3 weeks ago since I started.

I'm going to buy some of this at the Petexpo. My two wont let me brush their teeth so hopefully this will work :)

I use logic pet toothpaste I give thier teeth a quick brush they do not seem to mind me doing this. But it does not have to be used with a tooth brush on the packet it said you can rub it on gums or even put it on thier paws to lick off.

I do use logic as well - they climb over each other to get to it!

Rufus is only 18 months old so still has sparkling teeth, but despite brushing Toby has had 2 teeth removed and still gets a build up of plaque - I only used to brush his teeth a couple of times a week but now I do both dogs every day.

I have also now started using an additive to their water called Aqudent. All this stuff is costing a fortune but will be worth it if I can avoid further extractions for Toby.

Back