PDA

View Full Version : Hello to all - I'm new

LovesCavaliers
8th October 2008, 11:56 AM
Hello,

This is a wonderful forum. I've recently lost my beautiful tri, Bailey. He was 12 years old. I knew I wouldn't have him for a life-time, but nothing prepared me for the shock and heartache.

He was a very healthy boy with no heart murmur, but he got cancer.

Dan is my ruby boy 12 and a half years and he misses him. He is in good health now, and I hope we will have him with us for a good while.

I know I have been very lucky to have two healthy boys - and I hope to get another cav in time. It is just so worrying to hear that there is such a high incidence of heart problems and this other problem SM.

I really don't want to change my breed. Cavs are just perfect for me, especially as I work from home and my cavs are so content with having me here. Well Dan is now.

Thanks for listening.

Mary

Shelli
8th October 2008, 12:23 PM
Hi Mary & icon_welcome
Sorry to hear about Bailey :hug:

ice-cavi
8th October 2008, 12:24 PM
Welcome:)
You are very lucky to have your boy in good health 12 years old . I´d love to see some pics of Dan :)

*Pauline*
8th October 2008, 12:26 PM
Hi Mary:D

LovesCavaliers
8th October 2008, 12:27 PM
I'll try to put some pics on soon. Not sure how to yet.

M

pippa
8th October 2008, 12:44 PM
Hi Mary and welcome, good to hear you have your boy Dan still with you ,so sorry to hear about the loss of Bailey.

cecily
8th October 2008, 02:15 PM
Hi Mary,

Sorry to hear about your loss :flwr: But it's wonderful that your cavaliers are having such long happy lives.
Looking forward to seeing pics :)

Elaine 2
8th October 2008, 08:28 PM
icon_welcomeHi Mary and a warm welcome from us too, I'm so sorry to hear about your loss of Bailey

littlelady
8th October 2008, 11:09 PM
Hi and icon_welcome, So sorry to hear about bailey.

loopylucy
9th October 2008, 09:51 PM
welcome, and sorry to hear about bailey, cant wait to see pics of dan!!

Claire L
9th October 2008, 11:05 PM
Hi Mary icon_welcome So sorry for the loss of your boy Bailey :hug:I hope Dan continues to do well. I think when dogs live to be 10/12 years old, we kind of think that they will live forever and it is such a shock when they go :(

I look forward to seeing pics of both your boys :)

malupe
12th October 2008, 10:42 AM
hi mary, im new too. my name is maria, i have a 7 month old cavi named honey, she's beautiful. she's my 1st cavi. i had 2 springers, lucky died on 1 dec 07 and pebbles died on march 6 08. my heart is broken. they were 15 n 14 yrs. i would have loved another springer, but im getting older and springers need so much excerise. i decided on a cavi because they look like springers and i love the nature of the spaniels. sorry you lost your baby, but they never leave you, they stay in your heart forever. hope we can be friends. love honey n maria xxxxxxxxxxxcavtiny:jump: