• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Vets can now charge for prescriptions.

*Pauline*

An Email I received from vetuk.
Prescription Medication Update: As from the beginning of this month your veterinary surgeon is now allowed to charge for the issuing of a prescription: thus it is now even more important that you ensure you are getting value for money. Below you will see our advise on ensuring you are receiving a fair deal!
A prescription can contain more than one drug so you should not be charged for several prescriptions when you only need one if you use more than one medicine.
A prescription can be repeatable, indeed should be if you are using medications for the longer term; a prescription can and should cover your entire check-up period which incidentally cannot be altered by your vet because you are obtaining medicines elsewhere.
Further information available here.
Product License Update: As from this month Program suspension for cats and Program tablets for dogs can now be bought without prescription. This long overdue change in product license is very welcome giving you a choice along side Frontline Spot-On for your routine flea control.

This Weeks Specials: If you feed wet food, your pets teeth will develop dental disease to some degree sooner or later. With Logic Oral hygiene Gel costing less than £5 and veterinary dental bills running to £100`s can you afford not to use this product ? Product reviews can be found here.
Logic Oral Hygiene Gel 10% off
Buster Cube 10% off
Lint Roller and refills 10% off
None of the above of interest? Click here for all current special offers.
Until next week: Happy shopping
www.vetuk.co.uk

Here in the US, we can ask our vet to write a prescription instead of filling it. I don't know if they charge for writing the prescription; it isn't listed as a separate item on the vet bill. If it is a drug used by humans, we can go to any human pharmacy and get it filled. There are many generics at really low prices at the supermarket pharmacies.(y)

I read about the cheaper way of buying Optimmune on this site recently (Toby has been on it for several years with good results on his dry eye) and sent off to my vet for a prescription. I received it back yesterday, by coincidence.

I assume that they may choose to charge next time, so nice to be warned in advance. They gave me a prescription for two tubes so even if they charge it may still be worth buying off the internet.

Back