• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Adding Number 3 to the family

Sabby

Hi All

I am so exited. This little cutie is joining my two girls in about two week’s time. His name is Harley. If you would have told me three years ago that I will have three cavaliers I would have said you are mad. But I guess Cavaliers are like Chocolate.
Sabby

DSC00328.jpg
DSC00316.jpg

Congratulations! He is just too cute! We are impatiently waiting for no. 2 cavalier, and like you I would never have considered more than 1 :)

Lovely bunch you have:luv::luv:Congrats with your new addition,he is such a sweet l pup:lotsaluv:

What a cutie! Pretty soon you're going to want a blenheim! :lol: Have fun, enjoy him while he's little, they get big so fast! Looking forward to seeing more pictures once you bring him home! :snap:

What a cutie! Pretty soon you're going to want a blenheim! :lol: Have fun, enjoy him while he's little, they get big so fast! Looking forward to seeing more pictures once you bring him home! :snap:

Originally I always wanted a Blenheim, but my husband always said that we are not having a third dog. The same he said four years ago after our last of two dogs passed away at a ripe old age of fifteen. My husband was the one saying we are not having any more dogs and especially not little ones (We always had big dogs)
I think it must be a Cavalier thing because when my next door Neighbour got one my husband thought that she was the best dog ever. When my Neighbour got her second Cavalier, well that was it we had Rosie. Then I mentioned that I would love to have a second Cavalier and my husband again said no. To cut a long story short we had Ebony and my Neighbour had her third dog. Now I am having a third dog and no my Neighbour is not having her fourth, but I must say she was tempted. It is getting more and more difficult to find a cottage when we all go on Holiday together. We just managed to find something nice in Scotland last April with fife dogs, I don’t think we will be so lucky next year with six dogs.

Sabby

are you sure you don't want a 4th?
you are only one Blenheim away to complete your collection of 4:D

I had to complete my colors last year - even with the threat of divorce hanging over my head! LOL!!! We started out with a german shepherd rescue that we got at 4 months of age. She was the most amazing dog - but really and truly my husband's dog. As she aged, my daughter wanted a lap dog, so enter cavalier # 1 - Oliver, our blenheim. The shepherd died and Oliver seemed lonely and needed a companion, so along came Riley, our black and tan girl who we got at 11 months old (she is truly my heart dog). Well, Riley's breeder said she liked to see her dogs when they were a little over one year old, to make sure they could run, jump, etc and that their teeth were fine, etc. But since she had a littler of rubies that were 9 weeks old at the time, how could I resist? So Madison came home with us. She is Riley's half-sister by the way. Several years passed when the breeder e-mailed me a picture of two tri-colors she had just had. Of course my daughter and I fell in love again. Number 4 took some tricky convincing. Since our shepherd was a big dog, and my husband prefers big dogs, he always referred (very lovingly) to our cavaliers as weiner dogs. So, he consented to a 4th dog if we gave him a special name. So, dog #4 is "Oz, the great and powerful weiner dog"!!! Hubbies are such softies! But I think I'll stop there. Even when people on this forum talk about getting a puppy, I know I'm done. I have all four colors and I love them all.

Ahhh what a lovely story. That is what happens to me. After my Neighbour had her first puppy I got to know the breeder and after I had my first pup Rosie we became friends. So every time she has a litter I see them nearly every week. Harley is Rosies half brother. Rosie is more my Husbands dog, so when Rosies mum had this litter my husband said straight away that we are having another pup. I must admit Rosies mum is special all the sisters and brothers of Rosie are the same then her. I love them all.

Sabby

I had to complete my colors last year - even with the threat of divorce hanging over my head! LOL!!! We started out with a german shepherd rescue that we got at 4 months of age. She was the most amazing dog - but really and truly my husband's dog. As she aged, my daughter wanted a lap dog, so enter cavalier # 1 - Oliver, our blenheim. The shepherd died and Oliver seemed lonely and needed a companion, so along came Riley, our black and tan girl who we got at 11 months old (she is truly my heart dog). Well, Riley's breeder said she liked to see her dogs when they were a little over one year old, to make sure they could run, jump, etc and that their teeth were fine, etc. But since she had a littler of rubies that were 9 weeks old at the time, how could I resist? So Madison came home with us. She is Riley's half-sister by the way. Several years passed when the breeder e-mailed me a picture of two tri-colors she had just had. Of course my daughter and I fell in love again. Number 4 took some tricky convincing. Since our shepherd was a big dog, and my husband prefers big dogs, he always referred (very lovingly) to our cavaliers as weiner dogs. So, he consented to a 4th dog if we gave him a special name. So, dog #4 is "Oz, the great and powerful weiner dog"!!! Hubbies are such softies! But I think I'll stop there. Even when people on this forum talk about getting a puppy, I know I'm done. I have all four colors and I love them all.

He is beautiful! Love the name Harley....My husband said "No" to two and then three...I need a B&T to complete my 'set' don't think I'll ever get him to agree to four though..funny thing is he dotes on them like they were children!

Back