PDA

View Full Version : Winter Coats

Dublin
9th October 2008, 09:57 AM
Just wondering where you can get coats that you can put the puppia harness under (so has a hole for lead to go through).

I thought puppia did coats that have that but I cant seem to find them!

cy1266
9th October 2008, 03:27 PM
Miles has a winter coat that he can wear with his Puppia harness underneath. It has a hole for the leash to go through and attach to the D-ring. I forgot the brand name, but I bought it at a dog boutique in Chicago...

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2206/2231089784_565157121d.jpg?v=0

Shelli
9th October 2008, 04:28 PM
I got a Puppia raincoat on ebay and it had a hole for the lead to go through. I dont know about their warm winter coats. I need to get one for Ollie so if I come across one with a hole I'll let you know. :)

Sunflowerstar
9th October 2008, 11:12 PM
I got a Puppia raincoat on ebay and it had a hole for the lead to go through. I dont know about their warm winter coats. I need to get one for Ollie so if I come across one with a hole I'll let you know. :)e

Here in the UK ancol brand coats have a hole for a harness. I have weatherbeeta brand coats but they do not have a hole for a harness so I will be getting the sewing machine out to stitch my handy work.

Michelle

Shelli
10th October 2008, 11:44 AM
Thanks Michelle, I'll google it and see if I can get them here. I'm afraid I'm useless with a sewing machine so that isn't an option for me icon_blshing

Sunflowerstar
10th October 2008, 02:40 PM
I am sure you will find something suitable Shelli. I was hunting on ebay for dog coats last night I want something that will show up in the dark my Black and Tan boy Ziggy is hard to see in the garden he goes to the bottom of it where my out light does not shine. I can always see Dotty as she is blen.

Michelle

jgponder
10th October 2008, 07:31 PM
I bought a puplight for Alex and he wears it out for walks and in the garden at night so that I can see where is. It is a light that is attached to a collar, it hangs down a little and can be adjusted to go ahead or down. It sure gets the cars to slow down when they see this light bobbing along about 1 foot off of the ground at night. About $20 at Petco. Here is the website: www.puplight.com (http://www.puplight.com)

Jane, mom to Alex

*Pauline*
10th October 2008, 08:12 PM
Miles has a winter coat that he can wear with his Puppia harness underneath. It has a hole for the leash to go through and attach to the D-ring. I forgot the brand name, but I bought it at a dog boutique in Chicago...

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2206/2231089784_565157121d.jpg?v=0
That's a lovely picture.:lotsaluv:

cy1266
10th October 2008, 08:52 PM
That's a lovely picture.

Thanks Pauline!

arasara
10th October 2008, 11:16 PM
I have the puppia #5 ski jackets and they came with a hole in the back.. actually I have the brown color like in the picture and the camo color.. those both came with a hole, but the red one didn't for some reason :confused:

I also got the coup d'etat jackets for this winter and they both have holes in the back.

I think the puppia winter coats are very well made and they are stellar snow-keeper-offers for our crazy winters in Canada :rolleyes:

If you're ordering online, you may want to call and ask to double check before you put the payment through :flwr:

PS I wanted to say Miles is just adorable in his orange coat!!!

Good luck!

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2066/2081079578_c55587e4a8.jpg

Chelle & Rex
11th October 2008, 10:38 PM
Sonia, myself and Rex were in Mollys Pet Boutique in Dun Laoghaire yesterday they have some lovely winter coats and all have the hole for the puppia harness - some made by puppia and other makes too. There was one gorgeous green jacket with fleece lining Rex would look gorgeous in.....!!!!
Their site is www.mollys.ie They said they'd be at Pet Expo next weekend too if your heading to that.

Dublin
12th October 2008, 03:33 PM
Oh brilliant Chelle thanx, ill have a look at that!
Not gonna make it to the expo next week, im going on a murder mystery weekend!!!

islewriter
13th October 2008, 12:02 PM
What a wonderful idea - and luv the photo's of the Cavaliers with their winter coats - certainly nice and cosy:)

Hopefully when I become a proud owner of a rescued Cavalier - I can check out a suitable winter coats :dogwlk:

Chelle & Rex
14th October 2008, 01:38 PM
im going on a murder mystery weekend!!!

That sounds brilliant - enjoy

jgponder
14th October 2008, 08:03 PM
Arasara, where did you get those boots? Those look like what I have been looking for for winter and the snow.

Jane, mom to Alex