PDA

View Full Version : Couplers

leesanlucie
9th October 2008, 08:37 PM
Hi All.
I am looking for a coupler for my 2 dogs. One is 2 yrs old and the other is 20 weeks.
They both use a sensible harness with a collar attached.
My 2 yr old is ok on a leash but needs to be reminded to walk to heel but on the otherhand my puppy is not great on a leash.I try to get her out at least once a day alone to leash train her properly.
I am looking for any recommendations for couplers because the 2 leads keep getting tangled.....due to the puppy.And i look like a crazy person spinning about to untangle them.:-|

Any recommendations would be great!
Thanks.

cy1266
9th October 2008, 08:57 PM
I have a coupler and use it sometimes when I walk my two, but lately I haven't been using it. When we first got T is was hard to walk them together because they were all over the place, but I started training them to walk in a certain order - Truman is always on the right and Miles is always on the left. They HAVE to stay in order when we're walking - the only time they can be "free" is when I tell them to "go on" on a patch of grass, then they can sniff, pee, etc. Otherwise when we go for walks we walk - no sniffing, marking, etc. This didn't take long to do, and now they're MUCH easier to walk together. They even like their "order" when they're not on walks. When they sit and stare out of our patio and sliding doors Truman is always on the right! ;)

Claire L
9th October 2008, 10:57 PM
I bought the pet walker plus (http://www.arcatapet.com/category.cfm?PageReq=8&catnum=56) and it's absolutely brilliant :)
The dogs never get tangled up because of the swivel action and it's really strong. Might be worth having a look at :)

Sunflowerstar
9th October 2008, 11:28 PM
I brought a coupler from pets at home it was £4 . I have only used it once so far and prefer seperate leads at the moment only had the second dog a fortnight and find two leads in one hand give me better control.
I am going to try my two again with the coupler on tomorrows walk as they are getting better.

Michelle

Lani
10th October 2008, 12:43 AM
I love the pet walker plus, but I also got the Knot A Coupler - it's a bungee coupler, good for pullers and also has a swivel.

I'd recommend this if you are looking for a traditional coupler:

http://www.ruffwear.com/Knot-a-Coupler

Cathy T
10th October 2008, 03:02 AM
I also have the pet walker plus and absolutely love it! Shelby can prance ahead while Jake dawdles behindb:D

Alison_Leighfield
10th October 2008, 08:13 AM
Claire and Cathy,

what size did you buy? Small or Medium?

Alison.

Claire L
10th October 2008, 09:53 AM
Claire and Cathy,

Alison.

Medium :flwr:

Sunflowerstar
10th October 2008, 02:45 PM
Oh they look fantastic couplers. I have never brought from over seas though :( always worried I would be stung by the tax on the shipment.

Michelle

Cathy T
10th October 2008, 04:04 PM
Claire and Cathy,

I have the small.

Claire L
10th October 2008, 05:29 PM
Oh they look fantastic couplers. I have never brought from over seas though :( always worried I would be stung by the tax on the shipment.

Michelle

I can't find my shipping bill to give you an exact price, sorry. It didn't cost a whole lot for shipping and I didn't have to pay any tax :)

I bought two sets and a couple of other things as well. It was IMO great value.