• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Broken pelvis and hip...

Andy's mum

Hi, I have some bad news.. Three days ago Andy got hit by car, he had really bad cut above his eye, it's already fixed, bud the main problem is that he has got broken pelvis in three places, and broken hip... On x-rays it looks very bad, there is about 5 cm movement from where the bone and hip should be, so it seems Andy will need a surgery to put it back in place with some plates or wires. He will never be the same, but as far he is happy and isn't in pain, I don't mind, if he's limping or can't run marathon... But there is another worry, and it's actually the reason why the vet is waiting with the surgery. They don't know yet if Andy can control his bladder. He can urinate, but they not sure if it's controled or "leak". And he still didn't do poo, it's big problem too. If he can't control his bladder, it means that the nerves are damaged and there is no hope:( I think it must be hurting him, because of the broken bones and he's just keeping it in, at least that's what I hope... Any of you had similar experience? Anything I should know? I'm really worried about my baby...

I'm so sorry, I'm shocked to hear this. I really hope he's ok, it must be so difficult for you.
My only experience was with a labrador many years ago who had pins and plates put in his shoulder and femur. He made a good recovery and survived until the ripe old age of 12.
Is he at the vets or at home with you?
Sins

Just to let you know.... you and Andy are in my thoughts and I'm praying he makes a full recovery :xfngr: poor little lad

I have no experience or knowledge to share, but I wanted to let you know you are in my thoughts. This must be very hard for you. My advice would be to get more than one opinion before you make any large decision about whether or not he is going to be unable to have bladder or bowel control.

Oh that's terrible!! I'm so sorry. I do know of someone who's Cavalier was hit by a car and in very very bad condition.....she was able to completely recover (although a long and difficult recovery) and she is still with us today. I'm hoping and praying Andy is going to be okay. I can only imagine how worried you are. Please know I'm out here praying for Andy.

So shocked and sad to hear about poor Andy:(

You must be so upset and worried,sorry I have no advice to give or experience of this.

Just wanted to let you know I am thinking of you and Andy and wish him a full recovery:xfngr:

I'm so sorry. I hope you know more soon and he can have his operation. Will be thinking of you both.:hug:

So sorry to hear about Andy. I have no advice to offer but I just wanted you to know that I'm thinking of you at this difficult time and praying that Andy will make a full recovery :xfngr:

am so sorry to hear the sad news i hope Andy makes a full recovery sending healing vibes your way xx

Andy...

Andy is staying in hospital, he needs to stay calm and not moving and it's really difficult to do it at home, because he just wants to be held and walk and run... We bought him a cage, just for nights and time we won't be at home. The vet called this morning, there is no change, but he seems to be in good mood and had some ham and cheese for breakfast. But still no poo:( The decision about the surgery will be made tomorrow morning by the surgeon. I had recommendation for this guy from three vets, he's the best around, 80 km from where we live, so it's long drive to see Andy. But only the best for him... Thank you all for your support, it means a lot!

Ohh,I only just saw this thread..I´m so sorry to hear about Andy.:(
My best wishes for you & Andy.:flwr::hug:

I am SOO sorry to hear about Andy :hug::hug:

I hope he will make a full recovery and his bowels and bladder will be working well soon.

I haven't had any kind of experience with this, so I can't offer advice, but I do wish you well :flwr: :hug:

Please keep us updated@!

I am so sorry :hug::hug:hope you have some good news soon
---Aileen and the gang (Batney---Jazzie---Jake)

Thinking of you today - hope the outcome is good with the vet today.

Big hugs to you & gentle hugs for Andy :hug::hug::hug:

Thinking of you and poor Andy today. Hoping that the consultation later today will bring better news for you both.

Back