PDA

View Full Version : Zooplus

Dublin
15th October 2008, 09:00 PM
Anyone order their dog food etc from here?

I just received my order today of naturediet & bits n bobs & ive complained to them before that their packaging leaves a lot to be desired - this time one of the boxes was broken & half the contents was in the rest of the box & I ordered 6 tins of green tripe and only 5 was in the box - the seem to be slacking a bit latley i think - also the order took almost 2 weeks to arrive when it used to come in 5 working days.

Not very impressed

Ste
15th October 2008, 09:02 PM
I stopped using them after two similar incidents in a row, they seemed to go from same week delivery to next month delivery:rolleyes:

Dublin
15th October 2008, 09:44 PM
its odd isnt it, i wonder if theyve changed courier companys or something? I would use somewhere else if I could get naturediet but theres only 1 place here I found that does it & they charge €6 more per case!

I complained after the 1st delivery arrived as I had ordered 4 cases of naturediet (18 cartons per case) & they had emptied the 4 cases into one box - that I coulnt even lift! A couple of the cartons had burst too because of lack of packing in the box. They refunded me for the broken packs & gave me 5% off the next order & said that they didnt normaly pack like that - then the 2nd package arrived exactly the same but with no breakages!

Luckily I get my order delivered to work & the warehouse lad lifts it into my car for me then Mark takes it out when I get home.

Brian M
15th October 2008, 10:19 PM
Hi
Totally different i order a lot of dried fish ordered Monday arrived Today all in good order ,so you never can tell.

lorebringer
15th October 2008, 10:27 PM
So far, I haven't had problems with zooplus - the only thing I have recieved that is a bit dodgy is a stainless steel bowl that was dented but all food etc. I have ever ordered from them has been fine. Maybe it does have something to do with delivery company:confused:

Dublin
15th October 2008, 11:54 PM
maybe they use a differant delivery service in Ireland?

I order from zooplus.ie - Maybe it's a differant section than .co.uk? - my invoices are from the nethelands (I think - must check, I have them at work)

Claire L
16th October 2008, 09:40 AM
I was going to order from them but now I'm not sure:confused:

Dublin
16th October 2008, 10:10 AM
If its any consolation I will still be ordering from them - just making ure I have a couple of weeks food left before I do though!

Dublin
16th October 2008, 01:55 PM
They just emailed to say they're refunding €6 for the damage & missing can.

casshon
16th October 2008, 02:57 PM
I've ordered from them before and they are usually ok. I think they use GLS couriers who I have heard bad things about. The last order I received the couriers said they couldn't find my house :confused: so I had to wait around for another day to receive it. They were supposed to call me the next day before they turned up to make sure I was home but that never happened, luckily I happened to be in at the time. Maybe if a few people contacted them about the bad delivery service they may change company.

Claire L
16th October 2008, 04:22 PM
I've ordered from them before and they are usually ok. I think they use GLS couriers who I have heard bad things about. The last order I received the couriers said they couldn't find my house :confused: so I had to wait around for another day to receive it. They were supposed to call me the next day before they turned up to make sure I was home but that never happened, luckily I happened to be in at the time. Maybe if a few people contacted them about the bad delivery service they may change company.

You could always send your order to me and I will drop it around to you :)

Karlin
16th October 2008, 06:15 PM
You can pick which couriers you use -- I use GLS for my regular Zoolpus deliveries (every two months or so) and have had excellent service from them but can imagine it might depend on the driver -- the same guy always does my deliveries and I know him by now! They will usually leave a delivery with a neighbour if you aren't in.

Zooplus are generally excellent as well, highly professional and some of the best customer service I have had from an online company in replacing a missing part etc. However the packaging IS terrible -- I have complained before at how flimsy it is. Delivery times also vary widely -- remember it is coming from Germany so I rarely get mine in 5 working days -- usually within 7 though. They should refund or replace broken items -- there is a procedure to follow on the website. I have waited two weeks for items from the UK and usually get Zooplus deliveries faster than UK deliveries!

casshon
16th October 2008, 07:42 PM
You could always send your order to me and I will drop it around to you :)

Thanks Claire, that's very kind of you :flwr:. Usually I send it to the family business address but I was off work that week so changed my delivery address. I must re-iterate though zooplus are normally great, it was only the last order that went a bit wrong :thmbsup: