PDA

View Full Version : Am I allowed to put details of my new website on here?

diannewaite
21st October 2008, 08:23 PM
During the last 7 weeks my Cavalier Lucy was diagnosed with Syringomyelia. To help take my mind of the awful situation we found ourselves in I decided to make a website all about our experiences.
Sadly, we had to make the agonising decision to put her to sleep on Saturday. We are all devastated and now my website has become more of a memorial site to celebrate her short life.

If I can help someone else through this awful illness then Lucy wouldn't have suffered for nothing.

My website is: www.freewebs.com/lucymagicsky (http://www.freewebs.com/lucymagicsky)

If this isn't allowed I can only apologise and I will remove it.

Dianne

:(

cavtiny

cy1266
21st October 2008, 08:50 PM
I'm really sorry about Lucy, that is so sad :cry*ing:I tried to look at your website but I'm not a member of Facebook so I can't see it. Do you have any pictures of her that you can post? I'm so sorry for your loss :flwr:

Gem
21st October 2008, 08:53 PM
im sorry, you made a very brave decision to put her to sleep at least she wont be in pain now.
the link does not seem to work it says it has expired?

Cathy T
21st October 2008, 08:55 PM
I couldn't access it either. I am so sorry to hear of your loss. This disease is so devastating. I heard sad stories more and more. I'm so sorry your story is one of them. Please tell us more or let us know how we can access the website. It sounds like you are trying to educate people through your loss.....and I commend you for that.

ice-cavi
21st October 2008, 09:16 PM
So sorry to hear about Lucy.:hug:
I think it´s a beautyfull idea to honour her memory by sharing with others what this horrible disease is all about.

I couldn´t acces your page as Im not a member .

pippa
21st October 2008, 09:20 PM
I am so sorry to hear about your little Lucy.

You are very brave to share your story.

Sadly I could not access your website either.

Maybe you could tell us your story hear if you feel up to it.

Aileen
21st October 2008, 10:47 PM
Pleae tell us your story
Aileen and the gang (Barney--Jazzie---Jake)

*Pauline*
21st October 2008, 10:51 PM
I'm sorry Dianne. My dog was diagnosed last week. I'm so sorry you lost your Lucy. Feel free to PM me any time.:hug: :hug:

rosiesmum
21st October 2008, 11:16 PM
So sorry for your loss Dianne :hug::hug:.

diannewaite
21st October 2008, 11:23 PM
Hi everyone,

Thankyou for replying to me.
You probably couldn't access it because I was working on it - I lost a whole page and had to re write it.

You don't have to be a member of facebook to look at it.

www.freewebs.com/lucymagicsky (http://www.freewebs.com/lucymagicsky)

Please try again and feel free to sign my guestbook and if you want to ask me anything i will try and answer as best as I can.

Dianne

cavtiny

*Pauline*
21st October 2008, 11:44 PM
I have read your whole web site, it's a beautiful tribute. I left a message. :hug::(

diannewaite
21st October 2008, 11:48 PM
Thankyou.

It's much appreciated.

I put the wrong address earlier that's why no-one could get on!

No idea why I put *facebook* in the address (probably cos i was talking to daughter at same time)

Dianne

Love my Cavaliers
22nd October 2008, 12:21 AM
It's such a shame that there are so many of us who are acutely affected by SM. These dogs are just so gentle, and kind, and loving - why do they have to endure such horrible suffering? I have a 6 yr old black and tan female diagnosed with SM in June. She had decompression surgery and is doing fairly well. I'm so sorry you have had to suffer so much right alongside your sweet Lucy. Your website is an amazing tribute to a beautiful little lady. I could barely see the pictures and read the text because I was crying so much. My heart is with you.

shippers
22nd October 2008, 12:32 AM
Dianne I have read all your website and Lucy was a very brave and beautiful little girl. At least she isn't suffering any pain now and you put her first in all your thoughts. Take care of yourself you've been through so much and you made a very difficult decision at the end of the day - I think Lucy will be so grateful to you for taking the pain away :hug:

Lani
22nd October 2008, 12:50 AM
I am so sorry for your loss. Your website was a wonderful tribute to your special girl.

KingstonsMom
22nd October 2008, 01:00 AM
Thank you for telling your story. It's a beautiful tribute to a beautiful dog.

Cathy T
22nd October 2008, 01:05 AM
Sitting here with tears pouring down my face :( Your story of Lucy was so sad but so beautiful all at the same time. It was obvious by your words how much you loved her. What an awful, dreadful and horrible disease. Lucy went from being such a happy little girl to just miserable. The best thing you could have done for her was to release her from her pain. I'm so sorry you had to go through all of this.

sdarone
22nd October 2008, 01:44 AM
I went to your weblink and read Lucy's story. I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. SM is such a horrible disease.

frecklesmom
22nd October 2008, 02:10 AM
:cry*ing: Your writing of such a terrible time is most courageous and caring for all who have these wonderful dogs. Your trauma was so fast and absolute and heartbreaking and your sweet Lucy so changed overnight that you must have carried the weight of the world. Thank you for telling everyone about what happened to Lucy, it is most touching and sorrowful and expresses for those who cannot put their feelings into words. I am sorry you lost Lucy and grateful you could take such good care of her and help her to cross the bridge.:hug:

brotymo
22nd October 2008, 02:56 AM
I am so sorry for your loss. I visited your website and read Lucy's story. It was very moving and heatrending. My heart felt like it was being squeezed while reading it. I know all too well how you feel about how they are there one minute and a short time later, they are gone. I went through that this summer when I lost my little Pixie.
When I posted about her loss here back then, someone shared a poem with me that I will share with you:

I lost a treasured friend today
The little dog who used to lay
Her gentle head upon my knee
And share her silent thoughts with me
She'll come no longer to my call
Retrieve no more her favorite ball
A voice far greater than my own
Has called her to His golden throne.
Although my eyes are filled with tears,
I thank Him for the happy years
He let her spend down here with me
And for her love and loyalty.
When it is time for me to go
And join her there, this much I know ...
I shall not fear the transient dark
For she will greet me with her bark

:hug:

hbmama
22nd October 2008, 05:41 AM
Dianne, my heart was breaking as I read about your precious Lucy.:( I can't imagine how much you all have suffered. You did everything humanly possible to try to treat her SM and make her more comfortable. You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers. God bless you.

Sabby
22nd October 2008, 12:44 PM
Dianne

I just read your story on your website and its breaking my heart :cry*ing:. You gave her the best care you possible give her and Lucy knew she had the best mum to take care of her. You are in my thoughts.
Sabby :hug::hug:

Cleo's Person
22nd October 2008, 12:45 PM
Dianne, I've just read your website. What a beautiful tribute to Lucy. For me, her story was a real eye opener as I had no idea that SM could progress so very quickly. :hug: :hug: to you and yours at this time.

Jan Bell
22nd October 2008, 01:37 PM
Dianne,

I too have just looked at Lucy's website and am in tears as I write. I am so sorry that you and Lucy had to go through this, but you made the right decision to let her go. I was shocked at how quickly SM took over Lucy's life.

Fortunately many dogs can continue with a reasonable quality of life and continue to be loved by their owners (many of whom I read about on this board), but if a dog's suffering gets too much then letting them go is the kindest thing to do.

The website is a tribute to your beautiful girl and will also help people understand the heartbreak this disease causes and why we have to do something about it.

Thank you for posting this.

Best wishes,

meljoy
22nd October 2008, 03:16 PM
I have just read your heartbreaking story. I admire your bravery and god forbid if Im ever faced with the same agonising decision your were I hope and pray I'll be as brave as you were.

God bless
Mel:(

Aileen
22nd October 2008, 05:20 PM
:hug::hug:I cannot say a lot but loads of :hug::hug:
---Aileen and the gang(Barney---Jazzie---Jake)

sdarone
22nd October 2008, 05:33 PM
What a beautiful poem. Thank you for sharing. A friend of mine just lost her dog to cancer, they had to put her down last night.

I will share this poem with her.

Sandrac
22nd October 2008, 05:36 PM
Dianne, Your web site is a wonderful tribute to dear Lucy. She may be gone but her memory will stay forever in your heart.:lotsaluv:

mrsfarmer
22nd October 2008, 05:49 PM
What a heartbreaking story! {{{{HUGS}}}} It is always so hard to loose a pup so young in life. But it sounds like she was in alot of pain so you had no choice. She is pain free and that you can be relieved.
Thank you for sharing.

Mom of Jato
22nd October 2008, 06:43 PM
How very sad you lost your beautiful Lucy to such a horrible disease.:(
Your tribute to her is very informative to other owner's- I had no idea they could be affected at such a rapid pace. Please take comfort in knowing you did the right thing in choosing to let her go, and be free of the pain she was in. Your love for her speaks volumes. :lotsaluv:

diannewaite
22nd October 2008, 09:53 PM
Thank you so much to everyone for their kind words they are very comforting :(

Thank you to everyone who has visited my website and/or left a comment (although every one of them made me cry) it really is helping me to come to terms with my loss.

Thank you.

Dianne

-x-

www.freewebs.com/lucymagicsky (http://www.freewebs.com/lucymagicsky)

Karlin
22nd October 2008, 10:50 PM
Dianne, I am so sorry for your loss -- I have been away and without net access so am just catching up. You have a lovely website. :flwr:

Katelyn
22nd October 2008, 11:02 PM
I almost cried..she's a gorgeous dog,im very sorry for your loss :hug:

qwickkertje
23rd October 2008, 03:11 PM
Tears are in my eyes.. I'm so sorry for you and lucy!!
But at least she's at peace now..

Again this story somewhat makes me happy that our 3 seem healthy but on the other hand reading this makes me scared cause who knows what will happen..
It also convinced me even more to have Qnotje tested before she will ever have puppies.. Her parents and grandparents were tested, so will she and of course the male that we will choose for her has to be tested..
This way I hope to help make the breed healthier again!

pippa
23rd October 2008, 09:47 PM
Dianne I had a busy few days so just got to see your website now.

I am almost lost for words, your Lucy was beautiful. I am so sorry for your loss:(:flwr:

Karen and Ruby
20th October 2009, 01:38 AM
It is a year on from Lucy magic Sky passing on to Rainbow bridge and I wanted to let Dianne know that she was in my thoughts all day yeaterday.
It was because of Lucy that I was made aware of SM and made the desision to get Ruby scanned and with out her she would have probably struggled on until the PDE film was aired.

if it comforts Dianne to know that she has helped even one dog get diagnosed then I so hope she can feel comfortted.

Lucy was a beautiful dog and her life was tragically cut short in a very short space of time. It has made me appreciate Ruby and Charlie so much more and cherish every single second they are with me.

1 year on you are still in my thoughts and every time I hear the song 'Fields of Gold' by Eva Cassidy I still shed a tear of sorrow

Karen, Ruby and Charlie

linderbelle
20th October 2009, 12:31 PM
I just read this for the first time as I wasn't a member a year ago. Was very hard reading for me because of my sweet Abbey. I don't know if you're ever on here anymore but the more we have sites like yours and mine the more we spread the word. Thank you for making this site and I know Lucy will help many other dogs. Hugs to you and your family

Wagtails
20th October 2009, 07:27 PM
Likewise, I have only come across this now. What an incredibly moving website!

I do hope that Dianne and her family have found some peace now, a year after her brave decision to let her beloved Lucy go. Stories like theirs must just steel us all to do whatever we can, wherever we can, to fight these awful diseases and restore our precious Cavaliers to good health and happier lives.

RIP little Lucy :l*v:

Yorkysue
20th October 2009, 10:43 PM
I'm so sorry about Lucy, I cried when I saw your website and read her story. You tried so hard for her, but she is in heaven now, and away from all the pain. She will always be in you heart and in time you will remember all the good memories.:hug:

davey
22nd October 2009, 11:02 PM
hi, i stumbled across this website a while back, i am so so sorry to hear of ur very sad news.....:( absolutely really lovely website...