• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Am I allowed to put details of my new website on here?

diannewaite

During the last 7 weeks my Cavalier Lucy was diagnosed with Syringomyelia. To help take my mind of the awful situation we found ourselves in I decided to make a website all about our experiences.
Sadly, we had to make the agonising decision to put her to sleep on Saturday. We are all devastated and now my website has become more of a memorial site to celebrate her short life.

If I can help someone else through this awful illness then Lucy wouldn't have suffered for nothing.

My website is: www.freewebs.com/lucymagicsky

If this isn't allowed I can only apologise and I will remove it.

Dianne

:(

cavtiny

Last edited:
I'm really sorry about Lucy, that is so sad :cry*ing:I tried to look at your website but I'm not a member of Facebook so I can't see it. Do you have any pictures of her that you can post? I'm so sorry for your loss :flwr:

im sorry, you made a very brave decision to put her to sleep at least she wont be in pain now.
the link does not seem to work it says it has expired?

I couldn't access it either. I am so sorry to hear of your loss. This disease is so devastating. I heard sad stories more and more. I'm so sorry your story is one of them. Please tell us more or let us know how we can access the website. It sounds like you are trying to educate people through your loss.....and I commend you for that.

So sorry to hear about Lucy.:hug:
I think it´s a beautyfull idea to honour her memory by sharing with others what this horrible disease is all about.

I couldn´t acces your page as Im not a member .

I am so sorry to hear about your little Lucy.

You are very brave to share your story.

Sadly I could not access your website either.

Maybe you could tell us your story hear if you feel up to it.

I'm sorry Dianne. My dog was diagnosed last week. I'm so sorry you lost your Lucy. Feel free to PM me any time.:hug: :hug:

Hi everyone,

Thankyou for replying to me.
You probably couldn't access it because I was working on it - I lost a whole page and had to re write it.

You don't have to be a member of facebook to look at it.

www.freewebs.com/lucymagicsky

Please try again and feel free to sign my guestbook and if you want to ask me anything i will try and answer as best as I can.

Dianne

cavtiny

Thankyou.

It's much appreciated.

I put the wrong address earlier that's why no-one could get on!

No idea why I put *facebook* in the address (probably cos i was talking to daughter at same time)

Dianne

It's such a shame that there are so many of us who are acutely affected by SM. These dogs are just so gentle, and kind, and loving - why do they have to endure such horrible suffering? I have a 6 yr old black and tan female diagnosed with SM in June. She had decompression surgery and is doing fairly well. I'm so sorry you have had to suffer so much right alongside your sweet Lucy. Your website is an amazing tribute to a beautiful little lady. I could barely see the pictures and read the text because I was crying so much. My heart is with you.

Dianne I have read all your website and Lucy was a very brave and beautiful little girl. At least she isn't suffering any pain now and you put her first in all your thoughts. Take care of yourself you've been through so much and you made a very difficult decision at the end of the day - I think Lucy will be so grateful to you for taking the pain away :hug:

I am so sorry for your loss. Your website was a wonderful tribute to your special girl.

Sitting here with tears pouring down my face :( Your story of Lucy was so sad but so beautiful all at the same time. It was obvious by your words how much you loved her. What an awful, dreadful and horrible disease. Lucy went from being such a happy little girl to just miserable. The best thing you could have done for her was to release her from her pain. I'm so sorry you had to go through all of this.

I went to your weblink and read Lucy's story. I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. SM is such a horrible disease.

:cry*ing: Your writing of such a terrible time is most courageous and caring for all who have these wonderful dogs. Your trauma was so fast and absolute and heartbreaking and your sweet Lucy so changed overnight that you must have carried the weight of the world. Thank you for telling everyone about what happened to Lucy, it is most touching and sorrowful and expresses for those who cannot put their feelings into words. I am sorry you lost Lucy and grateful you could take such good care of her and help her to cross the bridge.:hug:

I am so sorry for your loss. I visited your website and read Lucy's story. It was very moving and heatrending. My heart felt like it was being squeezed while reading it. I know all too well how you feel about how they are there one minute and a short time later, they are gone. I went through that this summer when I lost my little Pixie.
When I posted about her loss here back then, someone shared a poem with me that I will share with you:

I lost a treasured friend today
The little dog who used to lay
Her gentle head upon my knee
And share her silent thoughts with me
She'll come no longer to my call
Retrieve no more her favorite ball
A voice far greater than my own
Has called her to His golden throne.
Although my eyes are filled with tears,
I thank Him for the happy years
He let her spend down here with me
And for her love and loyalty.
When it is time for me to go
And join her there, this much I know ...
I shall not fear the transient dark
For she will greet me with her bark

:hug:

Back