• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

We have a little house guest

Cathy Moon

We have a little house guest for a few days. He is so cute, pleasant, polite, calm, sweet, affectionate and gets along with everyone. He's a lovely little cavalier we're fostering for a board member who lives in Canada. I will let her tell the story of how she found him! And I don't want to say his name until she meets him to see if his new name is exactly right for him! He'll be with us til Sunday when he travels up to his forever home up North. I'll try to get some photos of him in the backyard with our dogs tomorrow. :lotsaluv:
Here he is:
DSC_0598.jpg

DSC_0594.jpg

DSC_0596.jpg

Where has he come from the first photo reminds me how Sam was when he came to us
---Aileen and the gang (Barney---Jazzie---Jake)

His foster mom told me he is from a puppy mill, then he came into rescue. They estimate he is 3 years old.

He does look a bit like Sam when you first got him - his eyes are open very wide. But he doesn't seem to be stressed. He loves affection, and he gets on fine with our dogs - in fact he's curled up snoring in the big dog bed with India this morning, while Geordie is sleeping in the 'guest crate'. He hasn't had any accidents in the house, and sleeps quietly in his crate at night.

Honestly, you couldn't ask for a nicer dog than this little guy. :)

Awww thanks for posting Cathy!!!

Im his new mommy from Torono :)
Cathy has been very kind to look after him for me until Sunday.
Im very excited to meet him as ive been waiting for a cavalier for almost 2 years now.
It started just after my lab passed away in 2006. I wanted to eventually get another dog, but wanted to find the right breed. I live in a condo, so having another lab wasnt an option in my mind due to lack of space!
So, i did research, came across cavalier connection (which led me to here) and i started looking for breeders. I had a deposit on a puppy from a breeder north of me, but it fell through at the last minute, so i started to look on petfinder. I was approved for an English Toy spaniel, but transport didnt work out.
I ended up getting a long haired chihuahua from a breeder in toronto (chis are my second fav breed ) who is an absolute doll. I kept looking on petfinder and contacting breeders, and then finally i was APPROVED (after almost 2 years of looking!)

Im very excited to meet Copper (named to be changed!) and show him how much fun life can be!! I think he and Gordo will be best of friends!!!

So thanks again to Cathy, for helping me out through this!!!!

Congratulations, Ansley! What a handsome little boy he is. How wonderful of you to adopt him and of Cathy to foster -- but then how much hardship can it ever be to have a Cavalier guest in your home :D !! Hope all goes well with the transport home and with the transition -- keep us posted!!

Ansley has been kind enough to let me tag along on the trip. I'll help her with navagation and taking pictures. I am looking forward to meeting Cathy and Jackie. I love to meet other people with cavaliers.

He is so cute, pleasant, polite, calm, sweet, affectionate and gets along with everyone.

I was just going to ask if he was single... :lol:

Copper looks like a real sweetheart! :)

Ansley, I am seriously looking so forward to seeing pictures of you finally united with your long awaited Cavalier!!

Copper looks like such a little love bug.

Cathy, you're so wonderful to let little Copper visit with you while he awaits his momma's arrival. And it's so generous of Charleen to offer to take the trip with Ansley. I've met Charleen in person, so that doesn't surprise me. Actually none of it does ... the members of this board are so selfless in our love of Cavaliers. :lotsaluv:

Cathy has been very kind to look after him for me until Sunday.
Im very excited to meet him as ive been waiting for a cavalier for almost 2 years now.

Ansley, I know you have been waiting so patiently for your cavalier! I am so excited for you! cant wait to get more photo updates from you!

- Michelle

Today is Copper's big day! We're driving to Jackie's later to unite him with Ansley! I'm looking forward to meeting people from the cavalier boards. :D

I really think Copper is house trained now - thanks to the dogs he has stayed with and learned from, both his other foster family and us. For example, last night he woke us up, barking in his crate, and Colin took him outside where he pottied right away then came back in to sleep. Yesterday morning everyone went out for a potty break, then he didn't need to go out again for 4 hours and had no accidents.

Now those are two very relaxed pups!!! I'm so excited for Ansley....today is the day!! And, Cathy....tell Jackie I said "hey!!".

I got home at 5:30 PM. Ansley should be home soon. Here are some pictures of the happy event. Gordo, Ansley's chi is a real love bug. He slept in my lap to and from Ohio to pick up Copper.

2975373681_80029742ec.jpg

2976234202_eb6fc3e004.jpg

2975383917_1fd537e257.jpg

2976243888_8fc77b3a58.jpg

What a sweet sweet story with such a happy ending. Congrats Ansley and Gordo on your new family member. Looks like a great match!! Any what angels Cathy, Jackie and Charleen to have helped give this story such a happy ending.

Hooray!! Ansley has waited so long for this....it was bound to happen and meant to be! Way to go Cathy, Jackie and Charleen in making this all work.

Back