• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Hello!

CavCross

I've recently joined your forum. I've two dogs both crosses - one is a collie X cavalier (if Karlin thinks he's a cav x I'm not going to argue :D ) the other is dog x diva but nothing wrong with a bit of high maintenance :rah:

I'm opening my home to two little Cavaliers tomorrow that I'll have for fostering and I'm sure I'll be bitten by the cavalier bug :lotsaluv: it certainly seems to be catching here :paw:

Welcome - can we have a picture of the Cavi-X please! And the diva dog of course!

Hope the fostering goes well.

This is little Charlie - he has a strange obsession with Cavaliers we were leaving DTI when the last Cavalier workshop was starting and he was disgusted - 10 cavaliers plus and i brought him HOME :dgwlk: He is an angel though, We have him since he was a tiny tot. We think the farmers collie may have gotten hold of the wife's cavalier but not too sure its only guess work:
Baby photos

Charliepup.jpg

Char.jpg

pablo009.jpg

160.jpg

With his sister -
caughtintheact.jpg

042.jpg

And herself, she's gas this was with our first foster...she gives us humans dirty looks I'm sure of it we get this face if she is not allowed on the sofa too:
ellie016.jpg

050.jpg

001.jpg

Catching a few rays
010-1.jpg

Will post some of our new fosters too :jump: I'm really excited!

Your dogs are so sweet! I just adore little Charlie. :lotsaluv:

Good to have you here. :dogwlk:

That beach is Morriscastle Beach, in Co. Wexford. If anyone is looking for a pet friendly holiday I highly recommend it, the dogs are allowed in the house - we have gone twice March this year and March last year and both times had the most brilliant time. The dogs love it so much they always come home in great form and we get comments on how well they look (after the country air). Big house with large garden, it is fenced in but not completely secure (esp not for little cav's as they could go under) but there is a fence with some green netting thing around it some parts move though but the dogs learnt that they were not allowed go past the fence and we always went with them for wee's anyway though and they never stay in the garden anyway even at home they just go to garden for wee's and back in unless we are out playing with them. Here it is here www.wexfordholidayhomes.ie that beach is two mins away and really safe beach as there is only a few entry points so it is really deserted and we walked it one day for two full hours one way and still no sign of it ending and met no one!!!And there is plenty more lovely walks too :jump: I want to go back now!

No not yet, they should be here around 5 or 6 this evening...so am passing the time now, meant to be tiding up the doggie room for them and cooking them some chicken but of course looking in on the various doggie sites and getting distracted :rah:

Here comes the girls...

Well the little ladies have arrived and made themselves at home! They love going for walks, love their treats and brekkie and dinner, love cuddling on their duvet in front of the fireplace, love sitting on my lap, love getting brushed, love watching me pee, in general I think its safe to say....they just love life - tails never stop wagging!

They'd a busy day and I think all the excitment has worn them out as they have been asleep since xfactor started earlier (apart from trips to go to loo themselves and to accompany me to loo) :D and still snoring now. They'd a walk first thing this morning around the block and various visitors and then another longer walk to the fields with my dogs this evening before dark, they've a couple of lbs to shift so I'd say they'll fall off them if I can keep them away from the treats :razz:

I'm getting my self used to the various noises of cavaliers...
1. Not so bad = get treats or dinner ready - various snorts and snuffles
2. Happy noises = getting cuddles louder grunts and sneezes of happiness.
3. A bit louder = sleeping - they are right little snorers
4. Ear plugs out = Going for walks the squeels out of them at the mo its get leads on and get out quick!!!! Especially at 8.30 this morn didn't want to wake the neighbours on a saturday!!!
5. Mirrors smashed = if I leave them alone for a moment sqeels barks temper tantrums but thankfully only last a min or 2...

:jump: They are so pretty though they can keep making their little noises :rah::rah::rah:

love watching me pee,

Ah yes, people generally discover this sooner or later. Some people have the strange idea that they can go into a room and shut the door without the cavaliers wanting to come in! :lol:

I :lotsaluv: it when they snore......its soooo cute!
Molly always snored, and used to sleep in my parents bedroom at night on her own duvet...it would be a snoring competition...who could snore the loudest...Molly quite often won that :jump:
Out of Ruby & Evie only Ruby snores....but it's gorgeous watching them sleep and having her snore....It just makes me :slp: though!!!!

We are now cavalier-less! Both are gone to fantastic homes when I will see them as often, both are less then 5 minutes away :rah: Little Mia is leaving with a family member and totally spoilt rotten, she is really leaving the highlife and delighted with herself. She is very funny.
My other little girl went last night. To live accross the road from Mia so they wil be having play dates. Her new home is so lovely and it is perfect for her, before she even arrived she had serveral harnesses & leads, kongs, pink crate and the list goes on and on - she is going to be a proper little princess and rightly so!
Bye Bye for now girls - you were a pleasure to get to know and love :paw:

Thank you so much for fostering these girls - they sound like they were very special and I'm glad you enjoyed them. It's wonderful news that they both have such fantastic homes :D and great that they can continue to see each other.

I'm sure it won't be long until you have another Cavalier to grace the sofa, kitchen, bathroom etc :lotsaluv: just gotta love these guys, they love live to the utmost!

It was a pleasure to foster them Nicki - little Mia is coming for a couple of days tonight and I am SOOO excited, I just can't wait to have her here again even though I have seen her a fair few times already since she left...herself and her little friend are getting on super in their new homes and both are truely, truely loved and adored and rightly so! Both new Mammies & Daddies are delighted with their new babies and the girls have already met up a few times for play dates, (y)

Back