PDA

View Full Version : Grooming Tools

coconut
23rd October 2008, 08:44 PM
What grooming tools do ye use for grooming ur cavs???

JoanS
24th October 2008, 12:54 AM
I just used to comb Casey (8-1/2) with a big "person" comb. However, when we visited the breeder of Oscar he recommended an Oster "rake" for Casey (his hair is on the thick side) which I bought. The rake works well. Trim his nails with the standard dog clipper. And trim around his feet and pads with regular sizzors. He's so good and easy - gets a treat after of course. I also have him groomed about 3 times a year.

Joan

HollyDolly
24th October 2008, 01:05 AM
What grooming tools do ye use for grooming ur cavs???

My very favourite grooming tool is a Mason Pearson brush, it has pure bristles and although not the cheapest of brushes it's certianly the best.

Cathy Moon
24th October 2008, 02:01 AM
I have a small Mason Pearson brush, small slicker brush, greyhound comb, a small furminator for the girls, thinning shears, round-tipped scissors, small scissor-type puppy nail trimmer, Mars coat king (I don't use it much), and clippers and trimmers. I use a detangler spray on their long hair.

I have triple size cotton balls to soak out the liquid when I clean their ears with Epi-otic or T8 Keto flush from the vet. I also put the cotton in their ears at bath time.

I have child toothbrushes and Virbac enzymatic toothpaste for their teeth.

I use Allergan Refresh Tears eye drops to get hair or dust out of their eyes.

OMGoodness, that's a lot of stuff! :o I have all kinds of shampoos, too! :o

OhMarley
24th October 2008, 07:31 AM
For Marley and pretty much all the dogs I groom I use a
*Les Pooche Medium Bristle brush for general brushing and brushing out any knots or matting. http://www.lespoochs.com/brush-red.asp
(this is my favourite brush ever...!!!!!!!!)
*10-12 inch comb

* Medium Furminator to stip out excess coat

Plus i have clippers,blades,steel combs,scissors (all sorts) etc etc for the grooming i do on other dogs. Havent clipped marley at all so i only use brushes on him. We're coming up to our first summer with him in full coat so i may give him a trim up if he's feeling it... i think its going to be a hot one this year!!!!

coconut
25th October 2008, 12:07 AM
thanks for all the information that ye have given me i am going to start grooming my dogs more and also i am think of going and doing a grooming course and seeing how it all works out!!!