• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Grooming Tools

Grooming

I just used to comb Casey (8-1/2) with a big "person" comb. However, when we visited the breeder of Oscar he recommended an Oster "rake" for Casey (his hair is on the thick side) which I bought. The rake works well. Trim his nails with the standard dog clipper. And trim around his feet and pads with regular sizzors. He's so good and easy - gets a treat after of course. I also have him groomed about 3 times a year.

Joan

I have a small Mason Pearson brush, small slicker brush, greyhound comb, a small furminator for the girls, thinning shears, round-tipped scissors, small scissor-type puppy nail trimmer, Mars coat king (I don't use it much), and clippers and trimmers. I use a detangler spray on their long hair.

I have triple size cotton balls to soak out the liquid when I clean their ears with Epi-otic or T8 Keto flush from the vet. I also put the cotton in their ears at bath time.

I have child toothbrushes and Virbac enzymatic toothpaste for their teeth.

I use Allergan Refresh Tears eye drops to get hair or dust out of their eyes.

OMGoodness, that's a lot of stuff! :eek: I have all kinds of shampoos, too! :eek:

For Marley and pretty much all the dogs I groom I use a
*Les Pooche Medium Bristle brush for general brushing and brushing out any knots or matting. http://www.lespoochs.com/brush-red.asp
(this is my favourite brush ever...!!!!!!!!)
*10-12 inch comb

* Medium Furminator to stip out excess coat

Plus i have clippers,blades,steel combs,scissors (all sorts) etc etc for the grooming i do on other dogs. Havent clipped marley at all so i only use brushes on him. We're coming up to our first summer with him in full coat so i may give him a trim up if he's feeling it... i think its going to be a hot one this year!!!!

thanks for all the information that ye have given me i am going to start grooming my dogs more and also i am think of going and doing a grooming course and seeing how it all works out!!!

Back