PDA

View Full Version : Sad news

Karlin
25th October 2008, 01:47 AM
I am saddened to say one of the dogs that just came into rescue and which was in foster died this past week. At only three, he suffered cardiac arrest most likely due to a congenital cardiac problem, probably cardiac arrhythmia. :(

He was a youngish dog. An older related dog that came in with him has a murmur at age 5.

:mad:

Lani
25th October 2008, 01:59 AM
That is so sad. :(

At least his final days were spent in a loving foster home. I guess that's the only nice thing. It's so sad.

sins
25th October 2008, 02:15 AM
That's shocking,my thoughts are with the person who fostered this dog,it must have been a traumatic experience.
Sins

Cathy T
25th October 2008, 02:45 AM
That is so sad. How difficult that must have been for the person fostering him. Far too young!!!

brotymo
25th October 2008, 03:49 AM
Very sad. It only emphasizes, yet again, the enormity of the problems with the cavalier breed and how changes MUST occur in breeding practices for this wonderful breed to survive.

Maggles
25th October 2008, 04:34 AM
:( three years is way too young.

poor thing... and the poor family that went through this. i am glad he had a caring place for his last days.

OhMarley
25th October 2008, 05:28 AM
:( thats horrible poor little chap, thoughts are with the poor foster parents.

misty
25th October 2008, 08:03 AM
This is so sad :(.

Run free, sweetie.

Arne
25th October 2008, 08:24 AM
I am sorry to read that. My thoughts are with the foster family.

coconut
25th October 2008, 10:32 AM
That is so sad, 3 is a young age!!

merlinsmum
25th October 2008, 10:48 AM
How very sad, such a young age, my condolences to the foster family.
Run free at the bridge little one:paw:

Aileen
25th October 2008, 12:21 PM
So very sad
---Aileen and the gang (Barney---Jazzie---Jake)

Karlin
25th October 2008, 12:47 PM
Yes, it was very hard for the fosters in particular as they had come to know him and he was a big happy lad. It is the first time I have ever lost a dog in rescue :(. The problem with this type of heart issue in the breed is it cannot be easily heard like a murmur so the dog can seem normal. Vets tried to revive him and they too were very shaken.

Mimi
25th October 2008, 02:33 PM
My sympathies to the Foster Family , I lost my first cavalier Ruby to a heart attack . She had no outward signs no murmer or anything , so it was a big shock to loose her .
At least the little man was loved for his last days .
Mimi

pippa
25th October 2008, 03:38 PM
My sympathies to the foster family, so sad.

Cleo's Person
25th October 2008, 06:51 PM
Karlin, so sorry to hear that news. Please pass on my condolences to the foster family. They must be very upset.

Elaine 2
25th October 2008, 09:22 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about this little lad he's far too young to go to the bridge it's so sad, hugs being sent for his foster family and for you Karlin, you've all done your best for him

Cathy Moon
25th October 2008, 09:26 PM
I can only imagine how sad and shocking this has been for everyone involved. So very sorry for the loss of this youngster. :flwr::flwr::flwr:

ice-cavi
25th October 2008, 09:28 PM
My condolences to his fosterfamily,what a tragedy :(:flwr:

Louise1823
25th October 2008, 10:09 PM
This news is so sad and it sounds only too familiar to what happened to Jack in March this year :(
So very sad to loose a dog at only 3 years of age - its far too young and such a shock too.
He was lucky to have rescue caring for him during his last few days. Thinking of you and his foster family :flwr:

HollyDolly
26th October 2008, 12:24 AM
So very sad to lose such a young dog, I thought 6 years old was bad enough. Amazing work these foster carers do. it must be heartbreaking to go through that.
When you read something like that and also what Pauline and Dylan have been going through it makes you realise even more how Cavaliers are suffering because of indiscriminate breeding and the total disreguard of the guidelines.:cry*ing:

hbmama
26th October 2008, 04:17 AM
That is so tragic. I feel bad for the foster family also. At least he had a short time to experience a loving family, but it breaks my heart. :(

cosmic81
26th October 2008, 07:35 AM
i feel very bad for the foster family as well. They've made that last days of his life wonderful.