• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Sad news

Karlin

Administrator
Staff member
I am saddened to say one of the dogs that just came into rescue and which was in foster died this past week. At only three, he suffered cardiac arrest most likely due to a congenital cardiac problem, probably cardiac arrhythmia. :(

He was a youngish dog. An older related dog that came in with him has a murmur at age 5.

:mad:

That is so sad. :(

At least his final days were spent in a loving foster home. I guess that's the only nice thing. It's so sad.

That's shocking,my thoughts are with the person who fostered this dog,it must have been a traumatic experience.
Sins

That is so sad. How difficult that must have been for the person fostering him. Far too young!!!

Very sad. It only emphasizes, yet again, the enormity of the problems with the cavalier breed and how changes MUST occur in breeding practices for this wonderful breed to survive.

:( three years is way too young.

poor thing... and the poor family that went through this. i am glad he had a caring place for his last days.

Yes, it was very hard for the fosters in particular as they had come to know him and he was a big happy lad. It is the first time I have ever lost a dog in rescue :(. The problem with this type of heart issue in the breed is it cannot be easily heard like a murmur so the dog can seem normal. Vets tried to revive him and they too were very shaken.

My sympathies to the Foster Family , I lost my first cavalier Ruby to a heart attack . She had no outward signs no murmer or anything , so it was a big shock to loose her .
At least the little man was loved for his last days .
Mimi

I'm so sorry to hear about this little lad he's far too young to go to the bridge it's so sad, hugs being sent for his foster family and for you Karlin, you've all done your best for him

Last edited:
I can only imagine how sad and shocking this has been for everyone involved. So very sorry for the loss of this youngster. :flwr::flwr::flwr:

This news is so sad and it sounds only too familiar to what happened to Jack in March this year :(
So very sad to loose a dog at only 3 years of age - its far too young and such a shock too.
He was lucky to have rescue caring for him during his last few days. Thinking of you and his foster family :flwr:

Back