• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Star's just been sick twice

sugarkane74

She's just been sick twice within a few minutes of eachother. I thought the effects of the anasthetic would have worn off by now. I've fed her chicken and rice about 1-2 hours ago and that's what she's bought up.

Should I be worried or is it just an effect of the stress and pain she's been through do you think? The vets is closed now and I know if I phone the emergency vet they'll just tell me to bring her in and that costs a fortune. Obviously if she does it more through the night I will but just feel I'm over reacting, again!!

What pain killer did they give her? Rimadyl can cause vomiting and diarrhea. My boy was under general anesthetic for 3 hours and he wasn't sick. He has a delicate stomach but Rimadyl didn't make him sick. If you are worried call the vet.

She's fine thanks! I think she'd eaten too much (my fault) as it was all her dinner she brought up.

Took her to the vets this morning for her post op check up and the vet said it's all looking good and she can go back to have the stitches out either sat or next monday.

Am having trouble keeping her still at the moment though.. she's back to her usual mad self.. so much for my mum saying maybe she'll calm down a bit after 'being done'. I wouldn't have her any other way though :rah:

*g* In my experience Cavs don't 'calm down' until they reach two or so, and even that is dependent on individual personalities. Glad Star is feeling better. If she keeps being sick, feed her tiny portions at a time so she can't wolf it down - I find superfast eating is more likely to cause that bring-the-dinner-straight-back-up reaction, or sometimes too much drinking after eating.

Back