• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Bella is still sick

MX1

Well, we had to take Bella back to the vet. 12 days on her antiboitics and she was still had a bad hacking cough. We were afraid that it would move into her lungs and get worse from there.

A trip into the vet and we found out that we have been under dosing her. When we took her in the first time she was pretty sick and not eating well, she only weighed 1.78 kilo.

After the first few days on the meds she starting feeling a lot better and starting eating really really well. so well in fact, that in less than 2 weeks she gained a kilo.:eek:

The vet looked her over, all seems well, just a cough, lungs are clear, heart sounds good. We re adjusted her meds and hope that she will be better soon.:xfngr:

Tim

KC

Firstly, I feel so sorry for you and your little Bella - fingers crossed that everything will work itself out :xfngr:

Kennel cough is a pain in the bum to get rid of and often times it needs persistence to clear. It's good news that your vet hs upped the dose but just be warned that planty of dogs continue coughing even after the bug has been killed off. Their throats came become aggrovated from all the coughing, and they continue to do so (sometimes for a few weeks :rolleyes:). It's also great that it hasn't entered her lungs yet, because that is very difficult to deal with and is quite a lenthy process (and of course, the poor dog feels terrible!)

Eating and weight gain is great too - hopefully she will be right as rain in no time (y)

I am sorry you are having to deal with Bella's health issues. It does sound good that she is gaining weight. I hope she is better soon.

Back