• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Joel Silverman from Animal Planet's "GOOD DOG U"

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoelSilverman

Hi there... I just wanted to say hello. I have actually joined a few forums and have started having a lot of fun helping people with problems they may have with their dog or questions they may have about training. I just wanted to let you know that I am not here to sell anything or comment on any product good or bad. I am just here to help. I hope to get a chance to speak to many of you. Normally I will check in a few times a day.

Hi Joel: Thanks for your interest in joining the site. I actually have a strict policy here of not promoting the use of choke chains or corrections, and only supporting rewards- based training methods. There are many reasons why, not least that cavaliers have a high rate of a neurological problem that originates in the neck area -- because the skull can be too small for the brain -- and which can cause pain in the neck area to such an extent that many neurologists think the breed should not even be walked on regular collars but harnesses so as not to contribute t the possible development of further problems. Choke chains and corrections would be unacceptable.

Also, we have a couple of APDT/CPDT certified in-house trainers here with a special interest in cavaliers, so we have considerable on site training resources already. :)

While I respect your choice of training approaches, they wouldn't fit with the overall philosophy of my own board. However, I am sure there will be many other sites that will welcome your participation. :thmsbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back