• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Laptop Con -Be Careful

Brian M

Hi

On a previous post I mentioned getting Luke a laptop for Xmas ,this all went fine I bought a Dell XPS 1530 from Europc ordered and delivered within 3 days with 3 yr next day on site guarantee ,great no problems on that but I mentioned my own laptop which is another XPS 17 " laptop thats 3 1/2 yrs old and it started cutting out .I convinced myself I needed a new one when in actual fact a new power supply was all that was wrong so I am using it now but I decided to buy a new ASUS G71 and bought from an approved ASUS supplier a company called NEXUS13 so I ordered it on 30 Sept they debited my Credit Card on the 2 OCT and no sign of it and they neither answer their one phone number nor emails ,it cost £1308 in total and I am sure its a con so pls be careful and keep away .Fortunately I paid by Credit Card so I should get my money back but I have to wait 30 days before I can claim so its a good job my Dells still OK ,I only went to this company because of the spec on the machine Dells are a bit behind in graphics power but I know you can trust them ,so I might go back to Dell

Sorry Brian. The internet is a HUGE scam-bed for "sellers". Since I make my living selling on the internet, I am very aware of the scams that are going on. Computers are a BIG one. I've been a target more times than I can count, but fortunately, so far, my scam radar has kept me safe. Even sellers of computers get scammed at high frequency (requests to ship overseas, fraudulent money orders, fake emails from "paypal" saying payment has been made, when in fact, it hasn't...etc) Buyers and sellers alike must be VERY careful.

Hi

This morning I contacted my Credit Card Comp who advised that they will send me a discharge form which I fill out and send back and under Section 75 of The Consumer Credit Act I will have a full refund within two weeks.So I will be more careful where I buy from next time ,but theres always a chance it just might turn up.

(y) Glad that you are getting your money back Brian. At least when you buy with a credit card you have some protection.

I do most of my shopping on the internet but am very, very careful!

Hi
And Hurray just checked my email and i had one fro nexus13 just saying my order had been cancelled and the another mail from Google Account who i paid through saying the order was cancelled and my card has been refunded ,so 4 weeks later back to square one.

Back