PDA

View Full Version : I'm a new Cavalier mommy!

ourfurbabies5
28th October 2008, 04:13 AM
I have been lurking for the past couple of months and am so excited to now join and announce that I am the new mommy of Emmie, an 8 year old rescued love. She joins our home four other (mixed) loves. This is my first cavalier and I am hopelessly in love with this sweet tempered little girl. Emmie can't hear and I admit that this is a challenge but we are working on hand signals and she is so quick to learn. She has been with us for less than a week but has wiggled her way deep into our heart!

LovesCavaliers
28th October 2008, 10:28 PM
Congrats on adopting your little treasure. To own a cavalier is to love one. I hope she is with you for many years.

Mary

Elaine 2
29th October 2008, 12:09 AM
icon_welcomeHi and welcome

Lani
29th October 2008, 12:23 AM
Congratulations. Owning a Cavalier is such a wonderful experience and to own a senior rescue is even more remarkable and more rewarding.

I hope you will have many wonderful loving years with your sweet girl! :dogwlk:

ourfurbabies5
29th October 2008, 05:36 AM
Thanks for all of your welcomes. Our big outing today was to PetCo where Emmie charmed everyone she met. She picked out some treats & a new chew toy.:dogwlk:

Emmie gets gunky eyes. Any suggestions on cleaning her eyes. She hates to have her eyes messed with.

pippa
29th October 2008, 08:24 AM
Hi and welcome, Emmie sounds like a lovely girl and I LOVE her name.

On the eyes I just wipe with cotton wool dipped in warm water.

Shelli
29th October 2008, 12:41 PM
Hi & icon_welcome to you & Emmie. Looking forward to seeing lots of pics :snap:

Cathy T
29th October 2008, 04:04 PM
Emmie sounds wonderful!! How neat that you found each other.

islewriter
29th October 2008, 05:32 PM
:lotsaluv: A wonderful welcome from a fellow rescue Cavalier owner :lotsaluv:

My Kirra has been with me now for 10 days and she and 'I' are inseparable - and I'm sure you will be the same with your beautiful Cavalier :luv:

Looking forward to photo's and stories:dogwlk:

Kristy
29th October 2008, 06:43 PM
Hello and Welcome!

hbmama
29th October 2008, 09:34 PM
Welcome to you and little Emmie! These dogs are born to steal our hearts. :lotsaluv: