• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

How true is the claim lifelong cover on insurances?

Sabby

I am in the process of changing pet insurance provider as my policy with Marks & Spencers has nearly doubled. I know a lot of you on the Forum are insured with Axa and the quote I received from Axa was a lot cheaper, they also do the lifelong cover that I am after. My Question is has anybody got experience of when it comes to making a claim with Axa, especially a repeated claim like for Diabetes or MVD Medicines? They say true lifelong cover. We’ll keep paying claims every year for as long you renew your policy with us. HOW TRUE?
Sabby

They will pay up to £7000 a year for the whole duration of the illness/condition if the problem starts 14 days after you begin the policy. I was with M&S too and it doubled. AXA underwrote M&S pet insurance so you can expect the same quality of cover.

BUT, if your dog has an existing condition before you start that new policy, that won't be covered. If in doubt, call them, they are very nice.

They cover SM too. I'll have to pay £50 excess once a year (plus of course the premium) for this ongoing condition with Dylan.

They will pay up to £7000 a year for the whole duration of the illness/condition if the problem starts 14 days after you begin the policy. I was with M&S too and it doubled. AXA underwrote M&S pet insurance so you can expect the same quality of cover.

BUT, if your dog has an existing condition before you start that new policy, that won't be covered. If in doubt, call them, they are very nice.

They cover SM too. I'll have to pay £50 excess once a year (plus of course the premium) for this ongoing condition with Dylan.

Pauline
Thanks for replying. I always think that you never know how good your policy is until you need to use it, so it is good to hear from people with experience.
I have noticed with Axa that my puppy costs a lot more then my 2 year old. I will have to ring them as I had a claim when Rosie (that’s my two year old) was a puppy. She jumped and hurt her leg, and as it was on a Saturday afternoon it was classed as an emergency. But when I got to the vet there was nothing wrong with her what so ever. I still had a £ 100 bill. So I want to see if they will put an exclusion on that.
Sabby

PS. I am glad you and Dylan are feeling much better.

HI Sabby

With Paulines advice I changed 3 1/2 weeks ago from Petplan about £900 for three cavs annually to Axa and my oldest was the cheapest

Poppy 2 yrs 3 months £113.75 yr
Daisy 1 yr 9 months £120.20 yr
Rosie 1 yr 2 months £120.20 yr

I also pay monthly for two cats Tammy £13 month and Ami £15 month they are rescue cats we have had for a long long time and are approx 12 and 15 .Unfortunately poor Tammy has just had and op ( £200 ) and been diagnosed with progressive cancer ,just got back now from the vets now and time line it could be 2 weeks to 6 months ,so her treatment is ongoing but my excess is just £50 total.

HI Sabby

With Paulines advice I changed 3 1/2 weeks ago from Petplan about £900 for three cavs annually to Axa and my oldest was the cheapest

Poppy 2 yrs 3 months £113.75 yr
Daisy 1 yr 9 months £120.20 yr
Rosie 1 yr 2 months £120.20 yr

I also pay monthly for two cats Tammy £13 month and Ami £15 month they are rescue cats we have had for a long long time and are approx 12 and 15 .Unfortunately poor Tammy has just had and op ( £200 ) and been diagnosed with progressive cancer ,just got back now from the vets now and time line it could be 2 weeks to 6 months ,so her treatment is ongoing but my excess is just £50 total.

Brian

Thanks for that. So sorry to hear about your cat.

Sabby

Back