PDA

View Full Version : I can't believe this 'designer cross'

Karlin
28th October 2008, 10:05 PM
I sure hope this wasn't a deliberate mating :(. And I cannot believe they were selling them for this price. :eek:

For Sale
Beautiful Tri coloured King Bassets for sale they are 6 weeks old. Their mother is a tri coloured basset hound and their father is a tri coloured Cavalier King Charles.The pups look more like a basset hound than a King Charles.They are family reared and very friendly and playful.They are wormed and vaccinated.

Price: €250

diddy
28th October 2008, 11:12 PM
Lets hope it was an accidental mating :xfngr: Bit pricey though for an accident dont you think??:eek: .

brotymo
29th October 2008, 01:45 AM
that just had to have been an accident.

I heard this somewhere once about a designer breed.

Someone said they were going to cross a
Pit Bull with a Shih-tzu and call the puppies
Bullshits :rolleyes:

AT
29th October 2008, 07:39 AM
there has been a few litters of that cross. the last one I saw was the pairs second litter & the mother was the cavalier !
do the idiots not realise that bassets are HUGE dogs if you add normal legs to them

brotymo
29th October 2008, 11:03 AM
do the idiots not realise that bassets are HUGE dogs if you add normal legs to them

yes, I was surprised to see something on animal planet about bassets where it said they weigh as much as a labrador retriever!

Mary
29th October 2008, 11:20 AM
My two female bassets were 38 and 45 lbs but a friends basset male was about 60. I love bassets, I love cavaliers but not both in the same package. Bassets can be so so stubborn...why would you add that to the cavalier personality.