PDA

View Full Version : 10 Year Old Cavalier King Charles Brothers, Forever or Foster home required

Davy
30th October 2008, 08:24 PM
10 Year Old Cavalier King Charles Brothers (http://www.dogpages.org.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=184784) Dogpages link

http://www.hwanimalrescue.org/

not sure where these dogs are as the original poster is based in St Albans

We are looking for a foster or forever home for 2 little CKC brothers. They are apparently in good health, have just had their boosters, but are recently bereaved and in need of a new lap or fireside as soon as possible. We will be looking for a forever home for them, but if you think you could foster them for us in the meantime we would live to hear from you. We would prefer not to bring these two little gentlemen into kennels if possible.

Please pm me is you think you are interested in homing them, or can help with fostering them in the shorter term. Will get some photos of them when we can.

Thanks

Following the death of their owner, these little lads have been living on their own for last 7 months with just someone popping in to feed them. Can anyone offer them a cosy lap and a fireside of their own.
The boys havent been neutered yet, they are up to date with their vaccinations. They have only lived a quiet life with an elderly person so not used to kids or other dogs rushing about.
They urgently need to be out of their current situation. We are quite happy to place them in a lifetime foster home

Karlin
30th October 2008, 10:05 PM
Oh, how sad -- I hope they can find a new home.

I hope they aren't really going to neuter 10 years old dogs though-- surely there's little need. :confused: I hope their vets advise against this unless there are health reasons to do so at this point.

Fifer
31st October 2008, 08:13 AM
I hope they aren't really going to neuter 10 years old dogs though-- surely there's little need. :confused: I hope their vets advise against this unless there are health reasons to do so at this point.

My thoughts entirely! :eek: Surely a male dog household is the better option. :confused:

Aileen
1st November 2008, 05:07 PM
I wonder if they would be alright with us
---Aileen and the gang (Barney---Jazzie---Jake)

Mark
1st November 2008, 05:27 PM
That's heartbreaking to read that they've been living on their own. Someone must be able to give them a home.

Karlin
1st November 2008, 05:38 PM
Well Aileen you'll only find out by trying! :)

I will give a reference if they would like one.

misty
1st November 2008, 09:07 PM
Poor lads :(.

Kevin came to us when he'd been bereaved. He and his companion had been 'home alone' for 3 weeks, with relatives calling every day to see to them.

Kevin came into our home, sat in the corner and fell asleep - 2 years ago. He is currently loudly demanding another dinner! His companion is a very spoilt member of a 4-cavalier family locally :).

I hope these 2 boys are as lucky as Kevin & Ben. Aileen, I think you have the perfect experience and all the love to give those 2 furbabes - good luck.

Mindysmom
1st November 2008, 10:50 PM
Oh how sad. Our Mindy is 10 as well so this strikes a chord with me. I hope they can find a home together soon.

emsley
2nd November 2008, 11:58 AM
After an email and a phone call last night, I am hoping against hope that these two little boys will be rehomed with us.
Please keep your fingers crossed for us - and them - and hope they can soon be snuggled up here forever.

Mark
2nd November 2008, 12:23 PM
Fantastic Annie, do let us know how you get on, these two have been playing on my mind since I read about them. Good on you, thank you so much for trying.

Aileen
2nd November 2008, 06:22 PM
After an email and a phone call last night, I am hoping against hope that these two little boys will be rehomed with us.
Please keep your fingers crossed for us - and them - and hope they can soon be snuggled up here forever.
:xfngr::xfngr::xfngr::xfngr:

Elaine 2
2nd November 2008, 08:33 PM
Fingers crossed here, good luck :xfngr:

Aileen
3rd November 2008, 08:06 PM
Any news still got my :xfngr::xfngr::xfngr: a bit hard to do my cleaning icon_whistling

emsley
4th November 2008, 03:49 PM
Aileen, that made me laugh!!
The brothers are not being assessed until this coming weekend, when we will have another discussion.
However, I am told we are top of the list so we will have to see....
Still keep 'em crossed - I am in a knot with everything crossed!!!!

Cathy T
4th November 2008, 04:35 PM
Those poor little fellows. Fingers crossed you get them and they can enjoy the rest of their lives in comfort and surrounded by love. I just can't imagine them having been left without people for 7 months. That's too sad to even comprehend.:(

Davy
8th November 2008, 07:40 PM
If anyone knows emsley off board can they tell her she needs to contact the rescue, they have lost her details

emsley
9th November 2008, 09:44 AM
Thanks, Davy
Have contact with the rescue!!

Aileen
9th November 2008, 01:03 PM
Any news :xfngr::xfngr::xfngr:my o/h keeps asking why I have fingers crossed
----Aileen and the gang (Barney----Jazzie---Jake)

emsley
9th November 2008, 07:33 PM
Ok we can all un-cross!!!
They are here - happily in the warm, on the settee, with tummies full of soft fresh cooked chicken and smiling all over their faces!
They are gorgeous and can look forward to a life of luxury - just like our other two!!!
Couldn't have been better meeting with our other two, they all had a sniff, a wander around each other and all friends!
Many thanks to HWAR, as I understand they were a last resort before possibly being pts - thank DoG for rescues.
Oh, and they hadn't been left for 7 months, they had been left for 9 - just think of it.

Davy
9th November 2008, 07:36 PM
:):):):):):):)

Fifer
9th November 2008, 07:57 PM
Huge congratulations! :rah: I am delighted for you (and the little lads)

Brian M
9th November 2008, 07:58 PM
Hi

What a lovely ending ,big congragulations ,pics pls

Karlin
9th November 2008, 08:16 PM
Congrats, what a lovely ending! I just cannot imagine how these two could have been left like that for so long -- people are truly heartless sometimes. I look forward to some pics.

Ejay
9th November 2008, 08:29 PM
that's such a nice ending to such a sad story!
congratulations on your new additions!! look forward to seeing some pics of them!

Cathy T
9th November 2008, 08:36 PM
Oh hooray!!! I got goosebumps reading those precious boys are in your care. Excellent job!!

Elaine 2
9th November 2008, 08:49 PM
Congrats, that's brilliant news :rah::rah:

Evelyn
9th November 2008, 09:04 PM
It doesn't bear thinking about , how lonely these poor boys must have been. Thank you Annie for making space on your sofa for them. I hope you share many happy times together. You are a special person.

Aileen
9th November 2008, 09:07 PM
:jump::rah::jump::rah::jump:

loverly news I cant believe that they could leave them all that time
---Aileen and the gang(Barney---Jazzie---Jake)

brotymo
10th November 2008, 04:17 AM
Oh, I have just found this thread. I am so happy to hear that they are now home, together, and loved for the rest of their lives!

misty
10th November 2008, 09:18 AM
This is just wonderful news. Well done for opening your home up to these darlings, and for giving them everything they need :). They can now forget the lonely days and make up for lost time with you. :).

Sabby
10th November 2008, 03:04 PM
What a lovely ending for you and the two boys.

Sabby