PDA

View Full Version : Cailean Needs Your Positive Thoughts

misty
31st October 2008, 04:10 PM
His MVD has taken a turn for the worse and his breathing is laboured and his cough is persistent.

We have an emergency appointment at 4.30 at the vets; in the meantime he's laying on my lap.

Please think of him and pray that my gorgeous lad gets to have some more fun before he goes to meet his dad, Declan.

Sandrac
31st October 2008, 04:27 PM
Your are in my thoughts, hope the vet can make Cailean comfortable. :xfngr: It is so hard to see them having problems with their breathing.

sdarone
31st October 2008, 04:30 PM
We'll be thinking of you. Wish you the best! Charlie sends him a kiss.

Jasperxxgabby
31st October 2008, 04:38 PM
Thinking of Cailean, and sending loads of positive thoughts.
I hope the vet will make Cailean more comfortable, and he is back to his old self :hug:

misty
31st October 2008, 05:03 PM
He's back home with me, but the vet think he has a respiratory infection :(.

He's on anti-b's and not very well at all at the moment. Seeing the vet again on Monday.
Going to be spending lots of time cuddling Cailean this weekend.

Thanks everyone.

*Pauline*
31st October 2008, 05:38 PM
I'll be thinking of you both. Give Cailean a kiss from me. :hug:

pippa
31st October 2008, 06:51 PM
Thinking of you both.Gentle hugs to Cailean.

islewriter
31st October 2008, 07:08 PM
Positive Thoughts are with you all - throughout the weekend :luv:

He has a wonderful mummy for plenty fo tlc - a good therapy when feeling ill

merlinsmum
31st October 2008, 07:49 PM
Thinking of you and Cailean:paw:

diddy
31st October 2008, 08:15 PM
Sending Cailean positive thoughts , hoping he feels a bit better by the time he goes back to the vets on Monday.

Arne
31st October 2008, 08:40 PM
I am sending lots of positive thoughts for Cailean and your family

Elaine 2
31st October 2008, 08:51 PM
You're both in my thoughts, sending gentle hugs for Cailean and lots of good vibes

Karlin
31st October 2008, 09:09 PM
Sorry to hear he is having a hard time, Fran; if it's a respiratory infection it should clear pretty fast with the antibiotics so with luck he will be a much happier boy very quickly. I hope he is doing a lot better by tomorrow evening. :flwr:

Cathy Moon
31st October 2008, 09:22 PM
Sending all of our positive thoughts and best wishes to you both. :flwr:

Louise1823
31st October 2008, 09:42 PM
Hope Cailean is feeling better soon..

Sending lots of :hug:to both of you xx

misty
31st October 2008, 09:46 PM
Sorry to hear he is having a hard time, Fran; if it's a respiratory infection it should clear pretty fast with the antibiotics so with luck he will be a much happier boy very quickly. I hope he is doing a lot better by tomorrow evening. :flwr:

I think he's a little brighter, 3 hours or so after his 1st antibiotics. It's just a matter of watching him at the moment - we've had to lift him upright a couple of times to help him breathe. I will be a bit more confident by tomorrow evening, if all is still ok :)

He did have a situation like this before - the antib's actually improved his 'normal' cough and I was able to persuade the vet to keep him on them for a few weeks. I've read on an MVD list that antibiotics may help with advanced MVD, but I don't think they know why?

All I can say is that I will do what's right by him.

Claire L
1st November 2008, 01:26 PM
Sorry I missed this. Fran, I hope Cailean is feeling a lot better this morning. Will keep him and you in my prayers. Give him a gentle kiss from me and the girls :hug::hug::hug:

misty
1st November 2008, 08:24 PM
It was a tough night for Cailean (and me & OH!) and I sat up with him a lot, helping him sit up when he started coughing incessantly.

Fingers crossed, I think the antibiotics ARE kicking in. Cailean and I got up at 8 am and we came downstairs and sat on the sofa together, where he finally settled for a sleep on a pillow next to me and he slept for 2 1/2 hours :).

Now his tail is back up and wagging, and he's even managed a bit of counter-surfing this afternoon.

In the dead of night, I was imagining I would be at the vets with him this morning, but for now at least, things have picked up :).

Thanks everyone for caring about my precious lad :) x

I feel a bit better for the nap I've just had too ;)

Brian M
1st November 2008, 08:32 PM
Hi

Lots and Lots of Best Wishes and thoughts from us all to Cailean ,I am sure he will get better:flwr:

Aileen
1st November 2008, 11:10 PM
Hi

Lots and Lots of Best Wishes and thoughts from us all to Cailean ,I am sure he will get better:flwr:
Me Too

---Aileen and the gang (Barney---Jazzie---Jake)

Cathy Moon
1st November 2008, 11:48 PM
Glad you both got some sleep. :flwr:

Let us know how he's doing in the morning! Sending more positive thoughts his way!:flwr:

Cathy T
2nd November 2008, 01:21 AM
So glad to hear you and Cailean both got some much needed rest. Hoping the antibiotics are kicking in and he's feeling better.

Cathy Moon
8th November 2008, 09:16 PM
Thinking of you and Cailean. :flwr: How is he doing?

shippers
8th November 2008, 10:42 PM
Hope Cailean is feeling better now and the antibiotics are kicking in. Sending positive thoughts your way.

hbmama
9th November 2008, 07:38 AM
You and little Cailean are in our prayers!! Please keep us posted and hopefully the antibiotics will settle things for him now. :xfngr:

Karlin
9th November 2008, 06:58 PM
Hope he's doing well today! :xfngr:

misty
9th November 2008, 07:41 PM
Cailean's a strange dog :).

On one hand, he's very sleepy and not himself. The next minute he's dancing around the kitchen like a lunatic, woofing & wagging, as mad as ever. He wants to do all the things he's always done, but he doesn't want to accept that he can't.

He is coughing less again, so I'll have to wait and see how things go. Thanks everyone for continuing to think of Cailean.

Cathy Moon
14th November 2008, 12:53 AM
Still thinking of you and Cailean.

I think I know what you're describing. When Geordie went through a bad few days with MVD last summer I saw similar behavior. He so wanted to bark at things that excite him, he'd run to the fence and start to bark, but then he'd cough and look all confused like he hurt himself. I'd take him back inside after these incidents, and he'd sleep a lot.

They need extra love when this happens! :lotsaluv: