PDA

View Full Version : California 7

Cathy T
3rd November 2008, 05:38 PM
I had the incredible pleasure of helping transport 7 Cavaliers for Lucky Star yesterday. They came out west from Missouri and I got to help pick them up in Arizona and bring them to California to go to their new foster homes. I also got to meet Dottie's mom!!! And Dottie!! She is fostering one of the dogs, but I'll let her tell you all about that!

The whole day yesterday was so incredibly fulfilling. And everything went just as smooth as it possibly could. I am so grateful to everyone involved. The dogs have been through a lot of shuffling and traveling since the 22nd....but you'd never know it. When we brought the kennels into the backyard and opened the door....they are went dashing out to run and check out the backyard. They are each unique little creatures with their own endearing little personalities. Here are some photos
In the backyard, open the doors....now!!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v244/ctorres/california%207/DSCN1028.jpg
Gypsy. What a pistol!!!! She will take to any lap she can find.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v244/ctorres/california%207/DSCN1032.jpg
Beautiful beautiful Claire. What a love bug. She has such beautiful markings and such a happy girl
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v244/ctorres/california%207/DSCN1035.jpg
Sweet boy Chico. He was the only male in the group. And the other lap lover!! One of the fosters (the ones who ended up fostering Chico) have a 10 year old son. By the end of the evening Chico was on his back, limbs spread, head nestled in the crook of the boy's arm.....sound asleep. He definitely chose his foster family all by himself. I just adored Chico
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v244/ctorres/california%207/DSCN1038.jpg
Sweet pea Annie. She is such a skinny little girl. I barely got to spend any time with her because she was so busy exploring everywhere!!! She is such a little love.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v244/ctorres/california%207/DSCN1039.jpg
Another one of goofy little Gypsy. She reminded me a gremlin. She has the sweetest face
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v244/ctorres/california%207/DSCN1040.jpg
Fancy. Oh my.....what a beautiful girl. It's a wonder she didn't "go missing" during transport :lol: :lol: She has the most beautiful eyes
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v244/ctorres/california%207/DSCN1042.jpg
Betty. I just loved Betty. She very curious but also very content to be cuddled. She's just a sweetheart.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v244/ctorres/california%207/DSCN1044.jpg
Precious Tyra. Tyra's tongue sticks out of her mouth. She had a broken jaw that was never fixed so her jaw is permanently skewed. The vet who looked at her said there was nothing to do be done at this point. Don't tell Tyra there's anything wrong with her cause she sure doesn't know it!! She was the first one to pick up a toy and toss it around. And strutted around the backyard like she owned the place.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v244/ctorres/california%207/DSCN1045.jpg
And that's the whole gang!!!

Karlin
3rd November 2008, 05:51 PM
They are fabulous -- thanks for giving each the dignity of its own personality in your descriptions; the first time these dogs will ever have been anything besides someone's moneymakers. :(

Good for ALL the people involved! I bet there will be a waiting list for all of them. :lotsaluv:

ice-cavi
3rd November 2008, 05:55 PM
Cathy it looks like you had a lovely experience ! They are all heartmelting doggies....and so lucky that kind people like you take the time and effort to make a difference.:flwr:

Elaine 2
3rd November 2008, 09:04 PM
Ahhh they're all so special, I'm so pleased they're in safe hands now and can find new homes, little Annie looks so much like my Cody,
they're all beautiful
Well done for all your good work Cathy :thmbsup:

Brian M
3rd November 2008, 09:53 PM
Hi

Oh dear what wonderful Cavaliers they all are and so serene and beautiful you must be a very proud lady may I say a big thank from be and my girls very well done.

Brian
Poppy and Daisy and Rosie:flwr::flwr::flwr::flwr:

Louise1823
4th November 2008, 02:09 PM
Cathy I loved reading your descriptions of each of their little personalities. It must have been so rewarding bringing these beauties to safety and a new chance of hapiness. They are all adorable and were very lucky to have you help them out. Hopefully now they'll be able to start a life they all deserve :lotsaluv:

Dublin
4th November 2008, 02:51 PM
Oh I wish I lived in CA - they all look like little sweethearts but Fancy defo took my Fancy!:lotsaluv:

*Pauline*
4th November 2008, 03:14 PM
They are all beautiful especially Gypsy and Claire. Do you have any more pics? Like Karlin said, it's so moving to have a description of their personalities. It made me cry with happiness to know they are safe.

Thank you for helping them. :flwr:

Cathy T
4th November 2008, 03:40 PM
There were soooo many people involved in getting these 7 from Missouri to California. My role in this was so miniscule but so rewarding, just that small amount of time really touched my heart. They had all been vetted and had their dentals by the time they arrived in here. I'm hoping for more pictures from Kathy G. She takes great pictures and got some really good ones that night. She is fostering little Tyra. I'm hoping Claire's foster mom will pop on here and tell us a little about how Claire is doing. I expect several of these dogs will be adopted by their fosters :rah:.

hbmama
7th November 2008, 05:42 AM
Hi all...and thanks Cathy for the great pictures. Well, precious, precious Claire came to stay with Dottie and my husband and I. For whatever she went through, she is a truly forgiving soul, and just loves to love. This is the first time we have ever fostered and it has been such a rewarding experience. She fully learned to use the doggie door to the backyard on day 2! (Dottie is a good teacher.) She has not had an accident in the house in over two days, and already knows her potty place on the grass. She is 21 lbs, and I would say about 5-6 lbs overweight, so we are working on that.

She is so far ahead of the game, no food or toy agression, loves children, elderly people and everyone in between. We decided to see if she would walk on a lead, so at first, attached it to her collar. No problem around the house. Then, I put one of Dotties Puppia harnesses on her and she had no problem with that, and went on a walk around the neighborhood. She loves to walk, no pulling, and right by our side. I could hardly believe it. (I am sure this is NOT the norm with the average mill dog.) She just seems to go with the flow.

When vetted in Missouri, they had to clip her ears to the leathers, and shorten her coat (I am sure due to severe matting) and 7 teeth had been removed due to severe periodontal disease, but she is doing fine. Her little tummy is so stretched from constantly having puppies, and they estimate she is at least 7 years old.

My camera has gone missing and if I can't find it tomorrow, I will have to go buy one and even though I am truly computer challenged, will try to get some pictures up. Will keep the updates coming, and thanks Cathy so much for helping to get these 7 very special Cavaliers out to California!

*Pauline*
7th November 2008, 09:48 AM
Yay Marianne, why don't you keep her, she seems to be perfect for you. Can't wait for pictures.:snap::snap:

Cathy T
7th November 2008, 03:33 PM
Claire sounds just wonderful Marianne. In the short time I spent with the dogs I could see that she was a true love. But how neat to hear more about her directly from you. She sounds just wonderful. What does Dottie think of her?

brotymo
7th November 2008, 03:45 PM
I was smiling at the computer reading this thread. So nice to hear about the fresh start for these special little doggies.
I am happy that their lives are looking up!

hbmama
7th November 2008, 04:56 PM
Yay Marianne, why don't you keep her, she seems to be perfect for you. Can't wait for pictures.:snap::snap:

I really wanted just one dog, because it is so much easier when traveling and also for my parents to watch one dog when we have to be away for an afternoon. I am REALLY getting attached to her though, and she will have to have an absolutely perfect forever home adoption or I will become another "failed foster."

hbmama
7th November 2008, 05:00 PM
Claire sounds just wonderful Marianne. In the short time I spent with the dogs I could see that she was a true love. But how neat to hear more about her directly from you. She sounds just wonderful. What does Dottie think of her?

Dottie loves her. She is not jealous or annoyed at all. The only thing that frustrates Dottie a bit is that she tries so hard to get Claire to play. She will bring Claire a toy, waggle it in her face then do the bow right in front of her then take off running. She expects Claire to chase her around the room but Claire just sits there, wags her tail and "smiles." She has no clue how to play yet. I am sure that will come down the line. :)

Yesterday afternoon they both went into the open crate and curled up together. :lotsaluv:

*Pauline*
7th November 2008, 05:06 PM
Dottie loves her. She is not jealous or annoyed at all. The only thing that frustrates Dottie a bit is that she tries so hard to get Claire to play. She will bring Claire a toy, waggle it in her face then do the bow right in front of her then take off running. She expects Claire to chase her around the room but Claire just sits there, wags her tail and "smiles." She has no clue how to play yet. I am sure that will come down the line. :)

Yesterday afternoon they both went into the open crate and curled up together. :lotsaluv:

AWWWW! I bet it won't be long before Claire will play with a great teacher like Dottie.

Did you get a new camera?

pinkpuppy
7th November 2008, 05:52 PM
This is truly a lucky group of fur babies to be rescued from Missouri. I hope they will have 4ever homes very soon.

LovesCavaliers
7th November 2008, 06:05 PM
Thank heavens for such wonderful, caring people. You're doing a brilliant job - the cavs look so happy.

Karlin
7th November 2008, 11:33 PM
Yesterday afternoon they both went into the open crate and curled up together.

Wow that is very fast! Maybe she is telling you she is moving in... :rotfl:

I love hearing about each of these doglets. :)

Jay
8th November 2008, 12:23 AM
Cathy and Marianne...You are my heroes! Claire is the one who jumped out and touched my heart! I am so happy to hear that she (and all the rest) are doing so well! It is so good to know that she will be in the most perfect home....hopefully yours!:) It sounds like just maybe a few of these sweethearts have already found their forever homes. I would totally be a failed foster.
J.

Cathy Moon
8th November 2008, 01:57 AM
OMGoodness, I'm just catching up with this thread. They're all so sweet looking! You ladies are wonderful to help the California 7! :rah:

Cathy T
8th November 2008, 02:54 AM
Cathy and Marianne...You are my heroes!

All of the credit has got to go to Kathy G and Lucky Star (not to mention the folks that got these little loves in to the vet for spaying/neutering, ear infections and dentals!!)....and these wonderful fosters. There is still so much work ahead finding these doglets homes. But, Kathy is relentless and sooooo dedicated I have no doubt it will all happen.

I would totally be a failed foster.

That's why I don't ask you to foster :D:D You did such a great thing taking in Harley and Sapphire you're credits side is still out of balance!! ;)

You totally lit of my face with that!!

LittleAngelsPS
8th November 2008, 08:04 AM
A big thank you from both me and Alfie for doing such a wonderful thing, they are all such special little ones.

It is so nice to hear a happy ending / new beginning.

:rah: