• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Best time to spay?

Princess Buttercup

Just wondering what time during her cycle would be the best to get a female spayed? Our little one is 3, and she last came into heat in early september - do I need to count from when she started bleeding, or when she went back to her normal self? Also, how long does it normally take for them to recover from the op? I'm trying to figure out if I need to take time off to mind her afterwards - planning to get it done on a friday, so I'll have the weekend to pamper her - just wondering if this is enough. We got our male golden retriever done a few months ago, and he was back to normal the next day - but it's so much more invasive for the girls...

She should be fine if you have her done on Friday -- but will likely need someone to check in on her during the week after..

You should wait til 3 months after her last heat finished. So January probably.

I'll probably get her done the friday before Christmas so - I have the full 2 weeks off, so I'll be around to spoil her. Thanks!

Back