PDA

View Full Version : Cavalier in Morpeth Northumberland needs new home

Kate
6th November 2008, 05:11 PM
A friend who is involved with dog rescue in Northumberland has asked me to post here on behalf of an elderly person who can no longer care for their Cavalier. He is 11 years old and is on heart medication. The on going medication and vets fees will be paid for the dog. As yet I don't know what colour he is, but will be getting more details and a photo soon.

The rescue is having new kennels built so their other dogs are all out in foster care so there is no room for this poor old lad. Will update tomorrow.

Kate

Aileen
6th November 2008, 09:49 PM
Have they tryed N,E.S.S.R they are in thar area
Aileen and the gang (Barney---Jazzie---Jake)

misty
7th November 2008, 02:16 PM
Also, another suggestion - how about trying the Oldies' Club?

They offer help to older dogs in need, and of course all their dogs are fostered within home environments. :)

Please pm me if you would like an e-mail contact.

Kate
8th November 2008, 11:32 AM
Thanks for the suggestions, I shall pass the information on. I hope Thomas finds a home soon, he is a rather portly Blenheim bless him.

Fifer
8th November 2008, 06:09 PM
Just wondering if the owner is paying the ongoing medication/vets fees or is this chap being rehomed via the rescue and meds etc being covered as part of an adoption agreement? Is Thomas being privately rehomed or does it have your friends rescue's back up?

It's better to be clear about the details "up front" so people know what they are getting into and Thomas stands a better chance of being rehomed. :thmbsup:

Aileen
10th November 2008, 10:57 PM
Any news on this one?
---Aileen and the gang(Barney---Jazzie---Jake)

Kate
12th November 2008, 01:21 PM
The Son of the old lady (who I undertand is going into a home) has said that he would pay for any veterinary treatment. This is being verified.

The rescue is only a small organisation, but they vet homes and take back any dog that doesn't settle or for any other reason needs to be re homed again. Due to his age, Thomas would normally go to a foster home, but the rescue is in the process of relocating and all their dogs are in the foster homes they have available at present.

I was asked by one of the volunteers at the rescue to post his plight and to pass on her details so she can be contacted directly. I have been working 7 days a week since March and it is only now that I am able to get a little breathing space to get onto forums now and again!

...........and yes, Gracie does come to work with me :)

misty
12th November 2008, 06:08 PM
Which rescue is it, Kate?

Kate
13th November 2008, 12:05 PM
It is Alexa's Dog Rescue in Northumberland.

misty
16th November 2008, 12:10 AM
I know there's an online directory called Alexa that lists dog rescues, but I haven't personally heard of Alexa's myself.

Is this lad still looking for help? It would maybe be worth joining the forum www.rescuehelpersunite.co.uk to help this lad.

I've worked in spaniel rescue for about 2 1/2 years in the north east, so interested to learn of this local rescue. :)