PDA

View Full Version : Do all cavs sit with their back legs splayed??

sugarkane74
7th November 2008, 03:08 PM
My Star seems to sit like this quite a lot.. I have seen other pics of cavs sitting like this and wondered if it is a common cav trait.. She certainly doesn't look very ladylike when she does it! She's done it ever since we got her at 8 weeks old.

brotymo
7th November 2008, 03:12 PM
Are you talking about the lying flat with their back legs out behind them frogleg style? or the way they sit with their feet all poking out to the sides?
Mine do both.

daveoirl
7th November 2008, 03:14 PM
I love when Amie does "The Frog".......it is so funny looking!

sugarkane74
7th November 2008, 03:15 PM
:D now you mention it both!! She sits with her back legs to the side and also does the frog thing with her head down between her paws.. she looks sooooo cute when she does this. I posted a pic of it for the october calendar poll actually!!

cb2u
7th November 2008, 07:59 PM
Sasha does it alot and I love the way it looks... so adorable, especially from the back view w/ her little pawpads showing. :luv:

Elaine 2
7th November 2008, 08:13 PM
Yep Cody lies in the frog position all the time :)

Cathy Moon
7th November 2008, 11:54 PM
:lol: Yes, that is a spaniel trait! We even had a photo contest about frog legs - it might have been our very first contest!

hbmama
8th November 2008, 06:13 AM
Dottie also lies flat on her tummy with frog legs splayed behind her. Someone told me that this is a sign that she has good hips. All my friends cavaliers do this too. I scared the heck out of me the first time she did it though. I thought there was something terribly wrong with her!

islewriter
8th November 2008, 08:24 AM
Kirra does both :luv: and at first I thought it was unusual - but she appears to be so contented :lotsaluv:

Jan Bell
8th November 2008, 08:30 AM
:p Yes, Toby does the 'frog' pose a lot. It does make me laugh when he is in our kitchen which has lino, as gradually his legs slide out until he has to reset the position!

JoanS
10th November 2008, 03:11 PM
Yep! Both Casey and Alfie lay that was -- especially while they're waiting for us to finish dinner!:p

Love my Cavaliers
10th November 2008, 05:00 PM
Dottie also lies flat on her tummy with frog legs splayed behind her. Someone told me that this is a sign that she has good hips. All my friends cavaliers do this too. I scared the heck out of me the first time she did it though. I thought there was something terribly wrong with her!

That's so interesting because 3 of mine will lie froggy style, but Oliver - who does have bad hip joints - does not. I think he might have done it as a little puppy, but at 7+ years old, he never does it now. He also sits strangely with both back legs straight out in front and one of his back paws in between his front paws. I'm sure he doesn't sit with his back legs bent because his hip sockets make it uncomfortable for him.

Sunna
11th November 2008, 10:33 PM
I love when my dogs do the frog legs :P It's also great that it means they have got healthy hips.