• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Do you work ...

Do you work?

• Yes, full-time (away from home)

Votes: 40 44.4%
  • Yes, part-time (away from home)

Votes: 18 20.0%
  • No, or work from home

Votes: 32 35.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

petcrazyme

1. yes, full-time (away from home)
2. yes, part-time (away from home)
3. no ...or work from home

Hey, I work from home (very hard! and I also have to go outside the home for a good percentage of what I do) but I just can't click an option that puts working from home in the same category with "no"!
...that sort of reminds me of when my babies were small babies and I stayed home with them. It would bug me when people would ask me, "do you work, or do you just stay home with the kids?" As if JUST staying home with the kids wasn't work!
Maybe your could add the option "yes, work full time from home" and "yes, part time work from home"?

I work full time from home. And my just being home isn't enough for Jake....I have to stop every so often and give him some attention as well. :rolleyes:

Hey, I work from home (very hard! and I also have to go outside the home for a good percentage of what I do) but I just can't click an option that puts working from home in the same category with "no"!
...that sort of reminds me of when my babies were small babies and I stayed home with them. It would bug me when people would ask me, "do you work, or do you just stay home with the kids?" As if JUST staying home with the kids wasn't work!
Maybe your could add the option "yes, work full time from home" and "yes, part time work from home"?

'No' or 'work from home' were lumped together more so to indicated that the cavaliers owned by these people are not left alone for all day or part of the day (on the average).

It was not meant to imply that those who work from home do not really work!(y)

Editing a poll doesn't seem to be an option unless we scrap this one and start another one.

Hi

Another option I work about 5 miles away in an office but my wife Dawn is at home full time with the girls ,as my son Luke is just 13 so she is there also for him when he goes to school and comes home ,it would also probably be if Dawn went to work that we would only have cats as I firmly believe that you shouldn't leave dogs alone (especially Cavs ) all day even if I popped home at lunch ,which I never have time for anyway.

Bandit wants to be in my lap when I am working, so I have to put him on a chair beside me on a pillow. He is happy with that, and I can get my work and schoolwork done. I have arranged my classes so that they are two days a week from 8-1:30, so I am home other than that except for short stretches running the kids here and there (and they ride with us when they can), and they get to ride with me in the car when I am doing the parts of my work that require me to be on the road.

IMG_7826.jpg

IMG_7828.jpg

I work four evenings a week my husband comes home and looks after the children. So our dogs have someone here 24/7.

I am home full time and my hubby just retired so the girls are loving it and so are we !!!

I work from home and my new puppy Murphy is coming along amazingly fast. He has been here a week, started using the poochie bells straight away, has learned to sit, stand, down, wait and shake paws with clicker training this past week.

He has learned some behaviour from Dan, using the garden outside and resting a lot. He's so chilled out! Hoping to get some pics on soon.

I work from home and my new puppy Murphy is coming along amazingly fast. He has been here a week, started using the poochie bells straight away, has learned to sit, stand, down, wait and shake paws with clicker training this past week.

He has learned some behaviour from Dan, using the garden outside and resting a lot. He's so chilled out! Hoping to get some pics on soon.

Sounds like you've made a great start. What a good boy.

I own my own business (we are a home builder) and my office is in one of the model homes. I work full time, but my dogs come to work with me everyday and are my official greeters.

Before I worked for myself and only had Casey, I also brought her to work with me (I worked for a very good friend!)

I've had other breeds in the past and they have stayed at home while I worked (but my hubby was working from home at the time) and the dogs were much more independent than my Cavaliers.

I will not even leave Ollie at home if I go out of town, because he would be without a person until my hubby gets home from work at 6:30 and that is out of the question.

I work away from home, but my office is nearby so I go home every day at lunch time to play with and walk the dogs. It is hard to leave them, but I feel better about it now that Sparky is around to keep Lucky company.

They get a lot of attention and long walks in the morning and evening. They LOVE walking. :dogwlk:

If there is ever a day I cannot make it home at lunch (long meetings, etc.), I hire a dog walker or see if he can stay with a friend for the day.

I'm retired but feel like I've got a full time job with this potty training thing goin' on. Got the piddling thing down, but every other day he'll have a very loose stool at an odd time of the day (wherever he happens to be). We've got so many leaves in our yard and whenever we're out he loves to chew on them. I'm thinkin' that might be the problem.:(

Brotymo, Bandit is gorgeous:luv:

We both work full-time. Murphy is alone from 8.30am untill 5pm, with either me or my father-in-law coming over at lunch time to see him. I'm a Gas engineer so if I have a free spot in my day I come home too, just don't tell the boss:cool:

It's not ideal, I'd love to be at home with Murphy all day, but unfortunatly if we didn't have the jobs we do, we couldn't keep Murphy, or our cats.

We find that even at the weekends Murphy still snoozes all day, and becomes very active at around 6pm. I think he has his own routine now. He get lots of walks, playtime and of course lap time:rolleyes:

I work Part-time, six hours, four days a week, but there is always some family member popping in for an hour or so while I am gone, at the moment there are two family members coming in at different times so they are not alone more than four hours at one time and usually less.

I am with them all morning,then they have somone at lunch and at the moment early afternoon also. My husband and son get home before me(early evening) when I come in we eat, then after washing up,it's straight out for walks(they're always waiting!). They know the whole routine!

Last edited:
I work 17 hours a week and my husband works 3 day shifts so Toby is only usually left one day a week for 4 hours on his own. I do 9 to 5 on Thursday so then he goes to his Granny's which he loves. :rah:

I used to work full time then I changed to part time 8 to 1 o’clock. Then I got made redundant in May. So I am desperately looking for a job, applied to 100th of jobs had interviews but it is very difficult getting a job. So if I am offered a full time job again I will have to take it. My husband used to work abroad during the week and only come home at the weekend, luckily he works in the UK now and does night shift so if I have to go back to work full time the dogs are not left on their own. But this just shows how your circumstances can change form one minute to the next. Must say I loved being at home with my doggies full time.

Sabby

Is Taking care of four Cavaliers all day work?

I am home all day as I am disabled. We got our first Cavalier as I wanted a "lap puppy"; my dog that came from the US when I moved to Scotland took a liking to my hubby and sat in his new dads lap all the time; so we got Trysti. Then we kept Lacye who was from Trysti's first litter. It was hard work as she took pneumonia at 2 weeks of age and I had to hand rear her, we were attached. Then when Trysti had her second litter we kept Islay; she has a lot of spunk. Then this past May Lacye had her first litter. She had 7 pups, early. We lost one the day they were born, one the next day and then the third on day six. Micah was having difficulty drinking his mums milk so I ended up hand rearing him as well, and then just like his mum he came down with pneumonia. With every breath his entire chest sunk in. From day one he walked around the whelping box with his head up trying to breathe... at five weeks he still fit in the palm of my hand. But at three weeks he escaped the whelping box and refused to stay in it. He liked to cuddle with the hot water bottle in a cat bed. Now he is a healthy 6 month old, plays constantly with the other girls.

Is this considered working? Next litter due to be bred in Feb. I LOVE the puppy thing..... yes it is hard work and sometimes heartbreaking, but then I watched the spirit Micah had and the fight to survive, I could do nothing less...

Bless us all who are testing and trying to do right by the breed.

:lotsaluv:

Back