PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a recommendation for Appliance

petcrazyme
10th November 2008, 05:29 PM
Hi

I'm thinking about buying a small appliance for pet stain removal. I know there is a Bissell product call SpotBot. If you have any opinion on any product that you think works well or which ones to stay away from, I'd welcome your response.

Thanks

Cathy T
11th November 2008, 01:24 AM
I have a Bissell spotlifter. Different product but it works great. I keep it plugged in for "guest accidents". It really pulls the tinkle out of the carpet and does a good job.

Lexie
11th November 2008, 01:38 PM
I have the Bissell Little Green Machine. I have a office next to the guy that is the head of our carpet cleaning division. He recommended this product to me.

I would be afraid the spinning brush on the Spot Bot would make the carpet fibers blossom too much.

Don't use as much shampoo in the machine as they recommend. A few good squirts or teaspoons is enough. When you shake the water tank, it should barely make suds. If you get too much soap on your carpet and it does not all come out, it will attract dirt. Don't forget to get a good enzyme to spray on the "spots" when you are done.

cosmic81
12th November 2008, 10:49 PM
i also have the spot lifter but we dont really use it all that much.
its too much effort for us to wash the machine afterward :o
but it works well

petcrazyme
13th November 2008, 02:42 AM
Thanks very much for your responses!!

linderbelle
22nd December 2008, 08:29 PM
I'm in the midst of having all my carpet lifted and having hardwood floors and tile put down and the main reason is because of my dogs and accidents. The trouble with accidents on carpet is that it penetrates the carpet and into the PAD. Once in the pad its a sponge--there is nothing that will get it out. We even had a carpet cleaning company come in and claim that they could get it out and they did but it was pretty dange expensive--2 bedrooms and a small hall for $300.00 american. The trouble is that we had pressboard subfloors and guess what--all our subfloor was more or less screwed up because once pressboard gets wet it swells. Once our carpet was lifted you could tell everywhere where there were accidents--swollen subfloor. So my opinion on this subject is that if your dog has an accident on your carpet that there is nothing that will get it out period. I used to say to hubby that I was going to stick out till our two dogs crossed the bridge and then no more dogs and then a month ago we go and get another dog--lol. I know I have to have dogs in my life--they just bring us too much joy so that is the reason we are doing hardwoods and tile.